Emby Theater

Luke

lockdown571

Anything I need to do to enable MadVR? I have it installed on my computer, and I have the boxed check in MBT. Anything else I need to do?

I already installed the WMC plugin now that I figured out I needed to be logged into MBT with an admin account with help of my friends here.  Very nice. I have a question about it but will post it in the appropriate area.

Does anyone have a link to the post on how to set up the lav filters that was on here awhile ago. Last I saw it the link was dead and I really dont know much about this and dont want to fudge things up. Never mind, found it

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/726-windows-media-center-internal-player-mb-classic-and-lav-filters-guide/?fromsearch=1

there's a good chance the defaults will be fine.

swhitmore

For anyone interested in launching MBT from WMC, this is how I've achieved it. The launcher I have used is ReLaunch. I then used Media Center Studio (no longer in development) to move the icon to the right slot in the WMC start menu. If you don't have Media Center Studio, then I believe you can use Patchou’s Media Center Themer, although I've never used it.

Configure ReLaunch as shown below. I use the 'Green Button' to return to WMC. Let me know if you get stuck.

Edit: I've attached the icons I use for the start menu.

5287003ecc60b_Untitled.png

Best of both worlds!

5286f639ae200_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC1.png

5286f5c88b264_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC2.png

post-6-0-13927500-1384738040_thumb.png

post-6-0-05682800-1384738053_thumb.png

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

Eco-Friendly

Luke your doing a fantastic job and wanted to take the time out of my day to say that. Also thanks to all the devs who made it to were we are today, with all the flexibility that we get across all of our devices. This is truly a great day in the history of all entertainment. Let's do this and aim for the top!!!!! Cause MBT is here!!!!!

• Like 2

jasonmcroy

Nice work! I just installed it and running great so far. I also installed the WMC plugin so I can switch over there for my Live TV needs. 

I saw on your roadmap for the future that Live TV will be implemented. When that gets integrated I will feel complete even though I know there are going to be other improvements added as you go along.

Thanks for all of your work on this Luke!!!!!! 

Yea live tv is actually coming very soon to the server and web client. Sven is working hard on it. From there it will roll out to other clients.

• Like 3

strugglez

Oooooh, I now have something to look forward to when I go home. I can't wait to play around with this. Nice work Luke. Since I most likely will be using this solely as my browser, Is it best to uninstall everything up to date including the shark007 codecs pack? (I only installed that to get media browser working originally) excluding the server obviously.

I personally hate extra codecs and software installed if it's never to be used, and I believe that's the case with sharks?

shaefurr

LAV filters setup is pretty simple and minimal unlike ffdshow.

As Luke said the defaults should play everything fine, but there's a few tweaks you can make.

The only real convern I think is in the audio config.

In the Audio Setting Tab:

If your audio system supports passthrough you can mark the appropriate items in the bitstreaming section, DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital etc.

Personally I also use expand mono to stereo and expand 6.1 to 7.1

In the Mixing Tab:

I enable mixing and choose my speaker config which is 5.1

This should get you going with your HD audio.

I'll try and do a full write-up this week if no one else has already started/done one

Kilroy30

Thanks Luke for posting this download. A couple of questions:

Can we play ISO's without an external player?

How do we set up the external player? Not sure about the 2 lines we have to fill in--what they should look like with the argument and path.

Thanks!

Personally I also use expand mono to stereo and expand 6.1 to 7.1

I enable mixing and choose my speaker config which is 5.1

?

• Like 1

Thanks Luke for posting this download. A couple of questions:

Can we play ISO's without an external player?

How do we set up the external player? Not sure about the 2 lines we have to fill in--what they should look like with the argument and path.

Thanks!

Just try it.  You won't break anything.  Give Luke a break so he doesn't commit hari kari ;)

• Like 3

strugglez

In the lav audio config...

I believe what he was inferring was how come you you even bothered to expand 6.1 to 7.1 if your sound system only comprises  being 5.1. LOL

swhitmore

In the lav audio config...

I think he was confused why you were upmixing to 7.1 when you have 5.1 configured.

shaefurr

I believe what he was inferring was how come you you even bothered to expand 6.1 to 7.1 if your sound system only comprises  being 5.1. LOL

oh, lol.. ya I dunno, good question. /slapface

• Like 1

darengibo

not working on mine. wants the server updated. Server reports uptodate. where is this updated server setup at?

I am having the same issue.  Didn't know if it was just me!

Be patient and wait for the server update to get to you.  We have to spread these things out or you guys will bring down our whole network ;).

• Like 1