Emby Theater

Luke

Thanks Luke for posting this download. A couple of questions:

Can we play ISO's without an external player?

How do we set up the external player? Not sure about the 2 lines we have to fill in--what they should look like with the argument and path.

Thanks!

Yes, exactly. Ebr hit the nail on the head. I don't want to have to explain this to everyone, and I don't want to have to write guides for it. I want it dead simple for everyone to use. So try it, and if you can't figure it out, let us know where you got stuck.

• Like 2

Kilroy30

Yes, exactly. Ebr hit the nail on the head. I don't want to have to explain this to everyone, and I don't want to have to write guides for it. I want it dead simple for everyone to use. So try it, and if you can't figure it out, let us know where you got stuck.

I don't want to waste your time... I got an error message when playing ISO's that's why I was asking... I've played around and was truly stuck. When playing ISO's i get "unhandled exeception. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Then when I close the exception, I get "Media Browser UI has stopped working" and the program closes.

The only thing I get stuck on is the command-line argument path which I assume is drive I'm mounting on... I'll keep playing.

ok, so you're actually seeing an error. from your initial question i just thought you hadn't tried anything yet. 

the player path is the argument to your external player, such as TMT. We will mount it internally so you don't even have to worry about that.

jasonmcroy

Yea live tv is actually coming very soon to the server and web client. Sven is working hard on it. From there it will roll out to other clients.

jasonmcroy

Yea live tv is actually coming very soon to the server and web client. Sven is working hard on it. From there it will roll out to other clients.

jasonmcroy

Oh! The Live TV will feed through the server? This means the clients could stream the feed? Sounds like we could remotely schedule recordings this way?

I currently have to use remote potato with WMC.

Sounds awesome if I am thinking about this correctly.

Oh! The Live TV will feed through the server? This means the clients could stream the feed? Sounds like we could remotely schedule recordings this way?

yup, exactly.

• Like 3

Now we just need to find a way to finance a year long sabbatical for Luke.

Yea right, I'm looking forward to being a user now that our apps are starting to get released. what we need is some new blood that we can lean on. Sven is one but we need to step up the recruiting efforts. I'm going to go fish on doom 9 tomorrow and see if i can catch anything.

• Like 2

one of the problems I noticed with playing mkv files with Lav filters/WMC is the volume was much lower.  I believe this was due to Media Center's internal player (don't know too much about this so forgive my naivety).  Can anyone comment if this is still the case with MBT?

shaefurr

I never used LAV with WMC I used ffdshow, but I dont have any problems in MBT with audio levels.

• Like 1

yup, exactly.

yup, exactly.

ooooh now that got my attention...

i was already a bit giddy!! Hahahaha

r.i.p. WMC

• Like 1

Just trying this out, i cant seem to get it to play.

Not quite sure what im doing wrong, when i hit play the green bar just shows 00:00/00:000 and says now playing but nothings playing.

I assume my shares are fine i play mkv's in xbmc all the time on this pc, i forwarded mb3 ports as well in my router.

Not sure if its an issue with the lav setup or not...

Just saw this this morning and immediately installed it.

Guys, this looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

I know there are still many improvements to make and I haven't even looked at lav filters or madvr yet.

Can't play with it right now :( but will be later today.

First impression: lightspeed and slick.

Great work sofar.

Still not sure why I cant get any file to actually play, im very new at mb3 but was able to access my files on the htpc in question in chrome and play them through mediabrowser web client in chrome. 

They just want play in mbt on the same htpc.

swhitmore

Still not sure why I cant get any file to actually play, im very new at mb3 but was able to access my files on the htpc in question in chrome and play them through mediabrowser web client in chrome. 

They just want play in mbt on the same htpc.

Make sure the user you are logged into on your HTPC has access to your media folders. The web client will work regardless of permissions because it is transcoding.

It should because i have xbmc on this htpc and it plays my files fine off the server.

The MBT logs dont show anything but server log is showing this.

edit
Edited by Ghostm

I forgot where I was and posted my first reactions at avsforum instead of here. :D I hope it's all right to copy them here too.

It's going to be fun to watch MBT grow and develop! Installation was pretty easy. I already had LavFilters installed, long time user. When I tried to configure audio and subtitles in MBT settings, it said the necessary files couldn't be found. So I uninstalled both LavFilters and MBT, reinstalled MBT and let it install Lav itself, then it was happy. Playback with my ATI 6450 card was very jerky though, with lots of tearing, so for now I installed my usual favorite, ZoomPlayer, as the external player, just as I have MBC set up. I must say MBT handles the shift from interface to external player and back very nicely! No splash screens or flashes of the desktop.

Only odd thing is that the Back button on my MCE remote doesn't work in MBT, although the back key on the keyboard does. The same button works fine in MBC. Pretty hard to navigate without it, so I'll keep checking MBT's updates on that as well as possible future use of the Context menu and playback improvements. It'll be easy to disable the external player for testing by just unchecking the mkv selection. (I don't see a way to remove an external player setup?)

Great job, Luke and all others involved!

Edited by pagali

swhitmore

I wonder if i should have set it up unc paths? I will try that, as i have been meaning to but forgot.

That was going to be my next question :P

If you're a new user, I highly recommend reading the guides.

Two quick question, is automatic refresh rate supported or working? Maybe i need to install or do something in lav? Its not switching refresh rates to 23.967 at all...

Also out of curiosity should weather support work yet? I am just asking because I have not noticed weather on any of the stuff i have used.

Otherwise video and playback seems to be working fine for me.