Emby Theater

Luke

saitoh183

I just hope that this time all the views make it into the first release (favorites for TV shows...im looking at you! :) ) seems Favorites for tv is always forgotten..Win8.1 app, Current Theater app,Android app,Ipad app...

reluctantflux

I'm currently using Emby for Kodi, but only because I have no other viable choice.  I'd be happy to invest a lot of time testing, posting logs, and giving layout/design ideas on MBT.

• Like 1

swhitmore

I think I speak for most testers when I say... I will put aside many, many hours of my time to help test, give feedback, feature requests, and design opinions to help get Emby Theater up to speed... WHOS WITH ME??!!

I'm with ya mate! Really want a good Emby client. I think Live TV in Emby is something that needs a good look at too.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

TrainAss

I use mbt all the time. I'd be happy to help.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Koleckai Silvestri

Glad to see there is some discussion about Theater finally. Would love to have a Windows Client that works and doesn't require an underlying application layer like WMC or Kodi.

• Like 3

buddyweiser

So when are we going to start referring to it as ET instead of MBT? :lol: 

E.T.-Emby Theater!

ET-stolen.jpg

• Like 7

pclausen

I'm in for testing as well.  I briefly played with Kodi and the Emby plugin, but came back to MBT.

My family put maybe 4 hours on it a day on the main TV, and it crashes maybe 4 times a week.  Not too bad, and for the last few months, it has been on whatever the latest Windows 10 pre-release version is.  At least a reboot takes maybe 20 seconds on my HTPC, so recovering is very quick and appears to meet the WAF.  :)

The main cause for crashing appears to be when attempting to resume a show/movie.  Even after a reboot, I often have to start watching a seconds of another show, then go back and resume.  Otherwise it will crash to a black screen with no option to recover.

Edited by pclausen

pmac

I'd definitely be in for testing if the devs are interested in having more testers. I've used MBT as my primary client since it was released, and haven't looked back. There were a few bumps along the way, but for the most part I've had no issues with it, like some users have experienced. I'd just like to see a few more features come to Emby Theater that MBT was missing.

So, if you're interested, I'd definitely like to help test Emby Theater!

Let me know,

Patrick

c0m3r

I too am happy to test the new mbt. We use it daily as our main client.

TrainAss

I use mbt on my main htpc, it's in use probably starting around 7am and we shut things down around 10pm.we might get a coup crashes a day, but it's pretty minimal. And we also use remote control via the Emby Android app and pc web client.

Bring on the testing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Apols if this came up already guys & gals (but 48 pages ^_^) Now that MBC is officially being killed off  :( I see you're going to fix up MBT I was wondering will those great crystal & ROC themes from MBC be part of the future design? 

AdrianW

Apols if this came up already guys & gals (but 48 pages ^_^) Now that MBC is officially being killed off  :( I see you're going to fix up MBT I was wondering will those great crystal & ROC themes from MBC be part of the future design? 

Who said MBC was officially being killed off? Media Center isn't going to be in Win 10, but that doesn't mean MBC is going away. There will be plenty of MBC users who will stick with Win 7 or Win 8.1.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

TrainAss

Who said MBC was being officially being killed off? Media Center isn't going to be in Win 10, but that doesn't mean MBC is going away. There will be plenty of MBC users who will stick with Win 7 or Win 8.1.

I wouldn't be surprised if they switched development focus to MBT.

I wouldn't be surprised if they switched development focus to MBT.

I wouldn't either :)

• Like 8

pclausen

Well that's encouraging!  :)

So any hints at all as when when a new alpha will be available for limited testing?

TolkienBard

I wouldn't either :)

Awesome news. This is the part of Emby I have been eagerly anticipating since moving into the ecosystem. Unfortunately, I have ZERO coding experience, so I have no wa of making meaningful contributions to the development, or I would help get this thing going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great! We have just pushed an update that completes the start menu renaming from Media Browser Theater to Emby Theater. So if you see Media Browser anywhere, please let us know.

Also new installs going forward will also have their install folder name be Emby as well.

• Like 1

yardameus

I'm assuming existing installs will stay in the same folder until the rebuild of Emby Theater is released?

• 2 weeks later...
b0dyr0ck2006

Yes, existing installs will stay as-is.

A question about Emby Theater theme. The main page seems a little odd to me. you have a scrolling poster wall for random films/tv, under which is 'TV Shows', Genres' and 'Upcoming TV' yet clicking on either 'TV Shows or 'Upcoming TV' just takes you to your TV lists. Surely 'Upcoming TV' should take you to currently watching shows and 'TV Shows is irrelevant as clicking the heading at the top takes you to your listing anyway. Just seems like a part or real estate that could be better utilised.

• 2 weeks later...
ThEoPatrizi

Hi guys, is the E.T. allready working with the Media Center Remoto Control?
I use MB from version 2 as a a Windows Media Center Plugin and really want to help with testing and more.

Regards!

Steverido

I am happy to help out testing too. This will be my go to once Windows 10 arrives unless I stay with 8.1. :P