Emby Theater

Luke

i've bumped the grid up to 200. let me know how that performs and then we'll go higher. and yes i want to use the bottom for metadata, similar to the beloved WMC.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

It performs fine on my system. My HTPC is pretty powerful though, so I tried it on my laptop too. It worked fine for me. It scrolls very fast. 

I noticed someone else mentioned the focused block tends to jump around when you hit an area of the guide that goes from a 30 block for a show down to a, let's say a movie, that the block shown goes out further than an hour. I recall we saw that phenomena too when you first put in the guide in the Dev builds and I thought you did something that fixed that. Maybe I am thinking about a different app. It seems like you did something like Ebr did in the Android TV app grid. Anyway, just thought I would bring it up in case you recall it. It doesn't affect me too much because I can also move the focus over to the far left and just scan down the channels button itself. Maybe that's how you handled it before? Again, I can't really recall.

Glad to hear about using the bottom area for metadata in the future. I always like that look in other Apps.

Will there be an option to select the channels that appear in now playing and upcoming as it is right now it is not useful as it is showing info from the channels that I rarely watch and are at the end of the guide in WMC for a reason.

Great work on bringing us a guide and that you will fill the bottom of the guide with metadata..

Noticed that the last channel always seems to be cut off in the middle of it.

56d3d03b68881_Capture8.png

It's normal to show a portion in order to make it obvious that it's scrollable.

I don't think we need options for the channels, rather i think they should just adapt to content you watch. right now you can influence it by marking channels as favorites, but i think we should also just have it adapt based on what you actually watch.

Good point Luke

Marking them as favorites is now reflected in Emby Theater much better I need to use the web client more to discover these things.

It's normal to show a portion in order to make it obvious that it's scrollable.

I don't think we need options for the channels, rather i think they should just adapt to content you watch. right now you can influence it by marking channels as favorites, but i think we should also just have it adapt based on what you actually watch.

This is what I did with Android TV.  It sorts the guide by last played so all the channels you watch most frequently end up at the top.  You can turn this off in the settings if it throws off the significant other though.. ;).

jds828

Great work on ET

I've not used it for a while so updated it today...v2.0?

First thing I noticed was the TV guide. Nice to have that and seems to be working well. As pointed out above, the tiles are pretty useless unless they could be edited manually or pick up on the most used channels.

Still the same issue with MadVR showing a 4:3 live TV on Nvidia GPU but a quick switch to full screen and back seems to be a working temp fix. I was on evr but live TV looked very interlaced and not really watchable.

Thanks again for the hard work.

EDIT: It seems the aspect ratio issue is only on SD channels.

Edited by jds828

AdrianW

Perhaps that's because most SD channels transmit in 4:3 with an anamorphic flag.

njoak

Still the same issue with MadVR showing a 4:3 live TV on Nvidia GPU but a quick switch to full screen and back seems to be a working temp fix. I was on evr but live TV looked very interlaced and not really watchable.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Same exact trouble here. AMD GPU though. ServerWMC.

Edited by njoak

A bit more guide progress now, with selected item metadata, and a backdrop (when available).

56d71d050f4e0_Untitled.png

• Like 2

no, you can enter a server address. but emby connect is highly suggested because the pin login is much faster.

Koleckai Silvestri

Will check it out. Not interested in using the Emby Connect feature though.

SikSlayer

I just had a sudden thought about a minor, but effective change that should be made to ET.

Now that the guide is back (and looking and working pretty well by the way), when you click on a show in the guide, instead of saying 'Play'. it should say 'Watch'.

I doubt I need to make a screenshot, and I just had this thought suddenly and a bit of downtime to make the mention before I forget. Hopefully this is the pace for that.

SikSlayer

why? we use the word play everywhere else.

Because you WATCH Live TV, you don't PLAY Live TV. You can conversely play a TV recording, and indeed you watch a film, but this is just a matter of grammar.

• Like 2

SikSlayer

What do they say in Germany, or China?

If you are implying this is a localisation issue, then I guess this is.

I don't how how they say it in German or Chinese (wether it be Cantonese or Mandarin) but I know that in English, the proper word should be Watch, not Play.

I'm not totally against it, but I would want to apply it to all video if we did that.

I will be documenting the skin building process this week. You're going to be able to build your own skins purely with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. If there's anyone who would like to do a skin, send me a PM and I'll get you started.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

While I can't program my way out of a paper bag, I assume the issue is how complex this might make the code. It's probably all one function to start video or whatever, and what I am saying needs to be done makes for more work on your end. I don't mean to make more work for you, but this is just how English works, and even in French; from a simple Google search, these are different terms. It's probably the same for all languages that come from Latin.

looking at this earlier screen, the media icons we have today almost feel like clutter. i think i would like to find a way to make them more subtle. anyone with suggestions?

561bc399d86b6_2.png