Emby Theater

Luke

swhitmore

looking at this earlier screen, the media icons we have today almost feel like clutter. i think i would like to find a way to make them more subtle. anyone with suggestions?

You could look at sticking a media info section under 'People' like the web client. That way it wouldn't clutter the UI when you first open it, but the info is still there for those that want it.

Personally, if you're looking at things to improve clutter, chapters on episode details would be one that needs addressing.

56d7add592a58_Capture.jpg

• Like 1

Sammy

I don't think that it is really necessary to change this. Most of us don't really watch LiveTV, we time shift it to playback 15 to 30 minutes later to skip through commercials.

For that matter, we watch all of it whether it is live, time shifted, previously recorded, streamed or local content..

jasonmcroy

For those of you with an Xbox One, try the online version using the Edge Browser - http://tv.emby.media

Hey Luke - I tested this out tonight and I got a little lost with the command functions. On my Xbox controller the A button doesn't seem to do anything and it usually selects items and there doesn't seem to be any way to skip forward in the video that I could find. Do you have a list of working functions so I can test it more properly? Playback seems fine as far as quality although my recorded TV files have to transcode.

I don't think that it is really necessary to change this. Most of us don't really watch LiveTV, we time shift it to playback 15 to 30 minutes later to skip through commercials.

For that matter, we watch all of it whether it is live, time shifted, previously recorded, streamed or local content..

I think most people just click play and leave it until they stop or pause. I would imagine there are a lot of people out there who have those time shifting features but don't even know how to use them.

Xzener

looking at this earlier screen, the media icons we have today almost feel like clutter. i think i would like to find a way to make them more subtle. anyone with suggestions?

You know my answer... Although an option for on/off/custom icons would be my suggestion. Although with theming, may cause issues I would imagine.

Hey Luke - I tested this out tonight and I got a little lost with the command functions. On my Xbox controller the A button doesn't seem to do anything and it usually selects items and there doesn't seem to be any way to skip forward in the video that I could find. Do you have a list of working functions so I can test it more properly? Playback seems fine as far as quality although my recorded TV files have to transcode.

i've adjusted the ok/back buttons so that x&a are select, y&b are back

• Like 2

jasonmcroy

i've adjusted the ok/back buttons so that x&a are select, y&b are back

Ok cool. I will try to check it out tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Ok, buttons working - good job, it looks great!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by jasonmcroy

Thanks. I think in some cases the animations need to be toned down a little more, but it's not too bad. Also, when holding the arrow buttons on the controller, it doesn't scroll continuously so that will need to be resolved.

There is a lot of opportunity for this app to be amazing on the Xbox One in the coming months. The Xbox One hardware is more than capable of running the app at full speed, it's just the Edge browser that hasn't quite caught up to Chrome yet in these areas. But MS is putting a lot of effort into Edge, it only needs to improve a little and the app will run with the same fluidity as the window desktop without any problem.

jasonmcroy

Yes, it will be exciting. I haven't had a chance to play around a lot with it yet. I did notice some slow scrolling at first but it seemed to speed up after the App was open for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Is a record option coming from within tv guide? Looks great so far btw...

• Like 2

Well I'm assuming there is going to be some sort of Emby Premiere Server message for tv.emby.media as of right now external users get about a minute of playback before they are sent back to the details page. Love what is being done here though, nice work.

Well I'm assuming there is going to be some sort of Emby Premiere Server message for tv.emby.media as of right now external users get about a minute of playback before they are sent back to the details page. Love what is being done here though, nice work.

This means that it failed to validate your status, which we obviously should show a graceful error message for. Please open a new topic and provide your server log. thanks.

How do I add an External Player to the native windows app (2.0) please, as referenced at the bottom here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-290-introducing-the-new-emby-theater-for-windows-and-the-web/

Thanks!

Dan

Hi, they're not implemented yet, but coming soon. The reason I mentioned it there in the blog was to highlight the reasons why one might choose the installed app vs the web app.

Nelcruz

The only thing I miss from MBT 1 are the auto-creation of a 3d category once 3d movies are in your library. Also, is there a chance of moving "channels" out of "recordings" so as to reduce the amount of butten presses required? Lastly, if you mark a tv channel as favorite, it would be nice if you could have it listed for selecting as soon as you click on live tv.

Edited by Nelcruz

The only thing I miss from MBT 1 are the auto-creation of a 3d category once 3d movies are in your library. Also, is there a chance of moving "channels" out of "recordings" so as to reduce the amount of butten presses required? Lastly, if you mark a tv channel as favorite, it would be nice if you could have it listed for selecting as soon as you click on live tv.

What do you mean 3rd category?

dpendleton

Hi, they're not implemented yet, but coming soon. The reason I mentioned it there in the blog was to highlight the reasons why one might choose the installed app vs the web app.

Understood. Looking forward to that feature. Thanks so much.

Koleckai Silvestri

What do you mean 3rd category?

I think he means 3D as in Three Dimensions. 

I forgot to mention for those who might be using the browser version with Chrome. You can (optionally) enable the experimental chrome feature called "Smooth Scrolling", and some screens will benefit from it. I'm actually going to add this to the end of the startup wizard just for informational purposes.

The windows app naturally, already sets this flag on the bundled version of Chromium.

• Like 1

I've added a skip setting under playback -> general, to control the skip length

• Like 1

Latchmor

Hi, just went into settings to adjust this and backspace using keyboard is not working. It works elsewhere, just the settings pages.

Cheers

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Hi, just went into settings to adjust this and backspace using keyboard is not working. It works elsewhere, just the settings pages.

Cheers

I am seeing the same thing and came here to post about it. I have to use the escape key from some of the screens. It's not even all of them either, just some.

I also noticed another odd behavior on my machine - If I select a show to watch from the "Next Up" area, start watching and then end playback by hitting my back button and then hit back again to get to the main home page screen it doesn't go all the way. It's weird - I see the home page but the images are off center (to the left) and I then lose the ability to move in any direction with the remote. The only thing it will let me do is hit the back button which brings up the options to go into settings or exit. 

QUIKFLUX

Awesome!!! Thank you so much. Have been waiting for this and it works Great!