Emby Theater

Luke

jasonmcroy

I've added a skip setting under playback -> general, to control the skip length

Luke, I really appreciate you adding this in and I hate to even ask this next question, but - how difficult would it be for you to separate out skipping forward from skipping back? It would be nice to set skipping back to 10 seconds while leaving forward at 30 seconds.

I realize this probably isn't a priority for you but just in case it's something simple you could throw in...

Otherwise, keep rockin' the awesome features you're adding either way!  

• Like 2

Luke, I really appreciate you adding this in and I hate to even ask this next question, but - how difficult would it be for you to separate out skipping forward from skipping back? It would be nice to set skipping back to 10 seconds while leaving forward at 30 seconds.

I think that is a good idea as those are very common defaults for those two operations.  Skip back is usually to re-hear some piece of dialog you missed and only needs a few seconds whereas skip forward is usually used to go past something you don't want to see (opening credits, etc.).

• Like 6

bnwbass

Are there any other skin options available now , can we use other source files from previously developed skins or still work in progress?

Thx

Bnw

Chillout

Is there a way to hide the windows toolbar when running theater?  I tried setting the toolbar to autohide in windows but it does not resize the video (the theater menu screens fill up the entire screen.

When playing video, the screen is resized so there are black bars on the left and right side. I'm assuming the windows toolbar is causing the the resolution issue...

56dc9118d7ee2_video.png

Edited by Chillout

Are there any other skin options available now , can we use other source files from previously developed skins or still work in progress?

Thx

Bnw

Nothing release ready but there is already one public skin in development that you guys can get involved with and contribute for:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32015-okuru-theme-wip/

Is there a way to hide the windows toolbar when running theater?  I tried setting the toolbar to autohide in windows but it does not resize the video (the theater menu screens fill up the entire screen.

When playing video, the screen is resized so there are black bars on the left and right side. I'm assuming the windows toolbar is causing the the resolution issue...

56dc9118d7ee2_video.png

the maximize button in the top right should do it, at least i haven't had any issues with it.

• Like 1

Added even more Xbox One fixes, and improved the scrolling. You can tell that the performance of the app in Edge obviously does not match Chrome, but it's within striking distance of running at full speed if Microsoft just improves it a little. Feature-wise in my testing right now, all features are functional on the xbox one.

• Like 4

jasonmcroy

Added even more Xbox One fixes, and improved the scrolling. You can tell that the performance of the app in Edge obviously does not match Chrome, but it's within striking distance of running at full speed if Microsoft just improves it a little. Feature-wise in my testing right now, all features are functional on the xbox one.

Hah, you must have typed this while I was starting a new thread. Well, at least we are seeing the same things... lol

TheMafia

I realize this probably isn't a priority for you but just in case it's something simple you could throw in...

Otherwise, keep rockin' the awesome features you're adding either way!  

I think that is a good idea as those are very common defaults for those two operations.  Skip back is usually to re-hear some piece of dialog you missed and only needs a few seconds whereas skip forward is usually used to go past something you don't want to see (opening credits, etc.).

Please do this, as i am deaf and I miss a lot of dialogue. the 10 seconds skip backwards is a godsend.

Windows Media Center was good for this. 

I've separated the skip settings, so now you can do separate values for forward and back. If you already customized you'll need to reconfigure.

• Like 4

AdrianW

I've separated the skip settings, so now you can do separate values for forward and back. 

Which keyboard buttons are mapped to these new short skip operations? Left and Right are performing chapter skips.

jasonmcroy

Ctrl shift F for forward and ctrl shift B for back

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latchmor

It's a bit annoying at the moment as my Harmony remote has one button for fast forward/skip forward. A short press is skip and long press is ff. ET skip appears to be mapped to ff so jumping forward is 'press, hold, press, hold, press, hold. Rather than quick fire press, press, press.  The pressing and holding sometimes misfires in ET so it's bit cumbersome.

My remote is setup like that as EMC works this way (standard WMC remote commands) and ff is not used much so it's the long press but I use skip all the time to it's the short press.

Anyway, I know all this fine tuning stuff will get better.

• Like 1

puithove

Is there yet any list of keyboard shortcuts for this version of ET?  Preferably an "official" list on the WIKI (which I don't seem to find via Google - even for the old version).  I've found this for the old version:  http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2142-emby-theater/page-25&do=findComment&comment=72843

Is the intent to follow WMC key mappings?  If so, shouldn't skip forward/back be CTRL+F and CTRL+B?  CTRL+SHIFT+F / B should be for fast foward/rewind

Here are a couple WMC key map lists:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/media-center-keyboard-shortcuts#1TC=windows-7

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

rorschach

I wrote about this in another thread, but I thought I'd put it here too.

When playing media with ET the trakt.tv plugin works great, showing the progress on the Trakt dashboard and everything, but when the episode or movie finishes it isn't scrobbled to Trakt's history. It is however set as watched in my server library. If I toggle the "watched" status in ET it gets sent to Trakt and added to the history as normal.

I've extracted a bit of the log below, to me it kinda looks like ET stops the video before setting the item as watched, and therefore it doesn't register as watched. But that's just a guess.

Log extract: http://pastebin.com/raw/unfRPTJk (.7 is server and .10 is client)

Koleckai Silvestri

I've separated the skip settings, so now you can do separate values for forward and back. If you already customized you'll need to reconfigure.

What screen are these located on? I cannot find them anywhere.

jasonmcroy

What screen are these located on? I cannot find them anywhere.

Settings - Playback - General (last two options at bottom)

Koleckai Silvestri

Settings - Playback - General (last two options at bottom)

Hmm.. Don't see them and the mouse doesn't scroll either.

DzCeSDR.png

daedalus

mouse scroll is not working here too you have to select an item und move down by arrow keys

Edited by daedalus

I've added more xbox one performance improvements for you guys to try out.

• Like 1

Guys,

I can't download emby theater, here is the error:

URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'

Try this

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10553-cannot-install-server-or-mbtemc/&do=findComment&comment=132315

jasonmcroy

I've added more xbox one performance improvements for you guys to try out.

I played around with this some more tonight. I am not sure what improvements you specifically addressed but I can tell it scrolls and the images load much faster. I am still seeing the stutter when scrolling through images and on playback in general. I can't really tell if it's same or better to be honest.