External player how to

Popeye2468
Go to solution Solved by Abobader,

Popeye2468

I want to use VLC as an external player but a little unsure how to do this can someone please tell me how

Many thanks

steelman1991

When I did the same with mpc-hc it automatically completed the command line arguments. Try completing it and see what happens (might just be pre-configured for mpc-hc, but worth a shot anyway).

Same probs, still messing around.  Though I'm trying to get it to use TMT6 as external player for my 3D Bluray ISO files.

Yeah that is now going to TMT6.  Now to figure out why it's not autoplaying once in TMT6.

Edited by DigiTM

wraslor

Yeah that is now going to TMT6.  Now to figure out why it's not autoplaying once in TMT6.

Are you able to get it to play in TMT6?  I've got iso set to mount and it launches tmt6 fine but nothing, when I click play it says please insert a disc?

maybe another command line switch, not sure.

Kilroy30

Are you able to get it to play in TMT6?  I've got iso set to mount and it launches tmt6 fine but nothing, when I click play it says please insert a disc?

I'm able to get BluRay ISO's to play in TMT6 using {PATH} argument. Just won't play DVD ISO's. I use the uLaunch TotalMedia Theatre 6.exe command and it works as I stated above.

Hi, I have a similar problem with TMT.

I am using TMT to playback 3D ISO files and TMT starts but can't find the drive.

I do see the ISO is moented through the icon in the sys tray where it states: file mounted, however I can't figure out what the drive letter is.

Probably that is where TMT gets confused too.

@@Luke, can you let us know where to find (or set) the drive letter for the ISO mount?

I see, could it be TMT does not understand the unc path?

I'll do some testing with the batch file I use to launch tmt (to switch resolution for 3d purposes)

Yep, that worked!

I replaced the drive letter in my batch to %1 (which picked up the unc path) and it workes like a charm.

TMT plays the ISO without problems.

Edited by Ernst

Della Dog

I'll do some testing with the batch file I use to launch tmt (to switch resolution for 3d purposes)

Yep, that worked!

I replaced the drive letter in my batch to %1 (which picked up the unc path) and it workes like a charm.

@@Ernst could you please detail the steps you've taken to enable ISO launch & playback on TMT 6. I'm able to launch the app & see the film/file name in the "recently played" area, but can't seem to mount, play or launch the video.

Thanks

Edited by pdcinc
  • Like 1

Kilroy30

Yep, that worked!

I too would like to know how to do what you did. I can run BluRay ISO's, but when it comes to regular DVD ISO's, it just puts it as last played and doesn't play it. Can you advise how to change the batch?

Thanks,

Not sure if the problems you have are the same I had, but what i did is this:

Within MBT I configured the external player section to use TMT for 3D movies and put in the argument {PATH}

actualy the external player points to the batch file i'm using to check for 3Dcontent and set the resolution accordingly.

Once this is done, the same batch points to TMT (this is an old version and I'm still using the MCE variant because I didn't find the time to change it yet.)

you will have to set iso mounting on too.

Hope this helps.

528cba7b27f32_MBTexternalplayer.jpg

simono5

Is it possible to delete an External Player?  I set-up one up yesterday for testing but want to stick with the internal player for now.  I removed al the File Extensions which means I'm back using the internal player but have a ghost External Player record.