PSD for Discs

Nick's MCE

Nick's MCE

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a psd for discs which work with ROC and Crystal.

I have been using the one from the boxset PSD but it creates a disc which is 340 x 340 with a huge center hole which takes up a lot of the artwork and also has a large clear background to take up the shadowing around the disc.

What is needed is something 1000 x 1000 with a small center hole and is full size to the edge, hope that makes sense.

Sorry, I am psd challenged, thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Thanks

Nick's MCE

Thanks for this it will save me heaps of time, however it still has the huge clear ring. Is this a layer I can remove. if you see the discs which are automatically downloaded from fan art they don't have the extra ring, I am trying to match this to keep all my discs the same.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

shaefurr

Try this

Download the zip here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sdjyrdmcqwsbw2l

Extract it to the root of your C:

ie: C:\DISC MAKER

I made 2 droplets, one for using backdrops, and another for using folder images

Then just drop a backdrop.jpg onto the backdrop DISC maker, or a folder.jpg onto the folder DISC maker. The disc.png will be in the same folder once its done.

The disc.png is 1000x1000

Backdrop example:

qtrq.jpg

Folder example:

66o7.png

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Nick's MCE

Hi

Ok this is exactly what I want but I am having trouble getting it to run, I tried dropping the images in put I am getting a message saying the command promp is not correct. I apologize in advance for being a novice!.

I put it in the root folder where my other actions are, usually I run the action and it shows up in photo shop on the right hand side. I then open an image and crop it square then go insert image and save image and it shows up in the output folder, (its like magic).

Is there something else I should be doing

Thank you for all the help!

Nick

shaefurr

Hi

Ok this is exactly what I want but I am having trouble getting it to run, I tried dropping the images in put I am getting a message saying the command promp is not correct. I apologize in advance for being a novice!.

I put it in the root folder where my other actions are, usually I run the action and it shows up in photo shop on the right hand side. I then open an image and crop it square then go insert image and save image and it shows up in the output folder, (its like magic).

Is there something else I should be doing

Thank you for all the help!

Nick

This is only based off the droplet not an action, so just take the DISC MAKER folder and put it in the root of the C: (needs to be in the location C:\DISC MAKER) then you can just drop an image on either of the droplets and it should run.

Here's a quick vid on how to use it:

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

Nick's MCE

Hi

Thanks for this, I had the folder in the wrong place but I now got it to work, and the disc format is exactly what I need. The only last thing is, can I position the image to get it in the right spot.

Thanks

Nick

shaefurr

Hi

Thanks for this, I had the folder in the wrong place but I now got it to work, and the disc format is exactly what I need. The only last thing is, can I position the image to get it in the right spot.

Thanks

Nick

Not unless you just use the template and do it manually. I have it centered and shrunk down the best I can so it will fit inside the disc constraints, but because of the dimensions of the backdrop/folder.jpg Its just going to get cut in certain areas, some discs will look fine and others won't depending on the image you use.

I'm not sure how "novice" you are in Photoshop, but here's a quick vid on how to use the template and cut an image onto the disc. Once you know how it works you can make a disc in like 15 seconds.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...