Becoming a Supporter

simono5

simono5

Hi all, I really want to become a MB Supporter and also purchase some plugins.  Problem being I’m finding the different methods of supporting a little confusing which has brought me here.  I haven’t found answers to my queries in this forum and would appreciate someone answering the following;

Support only plugins – On the server it says ‘Supporter-Only plug-ins are free for anyone who is an MB3 Supporter (with a valid MB3 key who has donated the minimum amount to the overall project).’

I’m more than happy to become a supporter but want to ensure I pay more than the minimum to give me access to the Supporter only plug-ins.  Can someone tell me what the minimum is please?

Once I’ve purchased the plug-in, is it a lifetime licence?  With free upgrades?  Or does it expire after a period or need re-purchaching with changing versions of MB3?

Can the plug-in licences run in parallel on MBC and MBT? Or do I need to purchase multiple licences for the same plug-in?

Finally, once I’ve become a supporter and purchased some plug-ins, can I use the plug-ins parallel on two different HTPC’s?  These would be my main and test rigs?

Edited by simono5

gthrift

On the server dashboard, click on help on the left hand side and then on the top, click "Become a Supporter. I believe the minimum is $10 to become a "supporter."  At that point you will be able to use supporter only plugins and premium plugins.  

MBC and MBT plugins will likely be seperate.  Developers may allow free or discounted purchases for current supporters.

You can use the plugins on as many of your clients as you like.  I have themes on 4 different computers.  

I'm not sure about the lifetime licences.  Any updates so far have been free.  

You can also install and test any plugin.  I can't remember what the trial period is.

• Like 2

simono5

Thank you, do you know if I can contribute throughout the project.  So for example become a supporter tonight for $20 and then keep supporting the project over the coming years.

The answer must be yes, but wasn't sure if I'd get another support key each time I contributed and what key would need adding into the dashboard?

• Like 1

strugglez

I just donated and became a supporter yesterday, but from what I have noticed, is there aren't any Supporter plugins currently for MBT or from the server? Am I correct on this? I did how ever notice that the trailers plugin gave me the added function of downloading trailers within the movie folders that didn't already contain trailers, (I loved this function very much so as the trailers are hi-def too and crystal clear - Where are these source btw? from apple?)

gthrift

Thank you, do you know if I can contribute throughout the project.  So for example become a supporter tonight for $20 and then keep supporting the project over the coming years.

The answer must be yes, but wasn't sure if I'd get another support key each time I contributed and what key would need adding into the dashboard?

Yes, you can continue supporting.  Just pay like you did today using the Become a Supporter link.

I just donated and became a supporter yesterday, but from what I have noticed, is there aren't any Supporter plugins currently for MBT or from the server? Am I correct on this? I did how ever notice that the trailers plugin gave me the added function of downloading trailers within the movie folders that didn't already contain trailers, (I loved this function very much so as the trailers are hi-def too and crystal clear - Where are these source btw? from apple?)

The only plugins available for MBT are pretty much just shortcuts to other Windows Modern Apps and are all free.

• Like 1

simono5

Yes, you can continue supporting.  Just pay like you did today using the Become a Supporter link.

The only plugins available for MBT are pretty much just shortcuts to other Windows Modern Apps and are all free.

Thank you, there are a number of Free, Supporter and Premium MB Server Plugins which will work with MBT?

I'm sure when I installed MBT yesterday one of the prompts recommended I purchased Movie Theme Videos to get the most out of MBT?

I assume all the Server Plugins work with MBT.  I've just become a supporter and will be purchasing some Premium Plug-ins once my license key arrives.  Any ideas how long this should take to be emailed through?

strugglez

Do you know of any future ones that will be released to more benefit the support users? I mean, I donated as I felt the software alone is well worth the money, but just something on the side for support users would be rather nice and more enticing for others to feel like its much more worth to donate.

I'm guessing given time we shall see else wise.

Thank you, there are a number of Free, Supporter and Premium MB Server Plugins which will work with MBT?

I'm sure when I installed MBT yesterday one of the prompts recommended I purchased Movie Theme Videos to get the most out of MBT?

I assume all the Server Plugins work with MBT.  I've just become a supporter and will be purchasing some Premium Plug-ins once my license key arrives.  Any ideas how long this should take to be emailed through?

Yes, the server plugins work with MBT. But remember MBT is in an early alpha stage. So some things might not be implemented. For instance, I think trailer playback within MBT currently isn't working fully. It will in time, but just not yet. But that same trailer plugin can and is used throughout the other clients (eg. Roku, Android, iOS, MBC).

While it isn't a requirement to get things working, the Movie Theme Video and TV Theme Video plugins just adds extra flare to the various clients. Basically they download movie background videos. Most are videos that are in the background playing when you pull up a movie menu on a blu-ray. It just adds something extra, but will still work without.

Your license key should be there pretty quickly. Make sure it didn't hit your spam box or something. If you don't get it soon, let us know and @@ebr can take a look.

• Like 1

GC and gthrift covered it all pretty well.  I'll just add that your key will stay the same as long as you keep your PayPal email the same.  So you won't have to do anything other than register something new and it will immediately start working with your current key.

• Like 1

johnchimpo

Just to follow up on one of the questions that wasn't answered.

Historically with Media Browser, plugin purchases were for the lifetime of the product. Meaning free updates and support for the life of it. However, one major caveat, is that most of the time a new version number is not considered the same product (i.e. CoverArt 2.x versus 3.x). But there are usually a few years between major version releases and many developers offer discounts for prior purchasers.

simono5

Just to follow up on one of the questions that wasn't answered.

Historically with Media Browser, plugin purchases were for the lifetime of the product. Meaning free updates and support for the life of it. However, one major caveat, is that most of the time a new version number is not considered the same product (i.e. CoverArt 2.x versus 3.x). But there are usually a few years between major version releases and many developers offer discounts for prior purchasers.

Thanks for the response.  I became a supporter and purchased four plug-ins last night.

Really pleased to be involved and loving the different clients and plugins and this community is great.

• 1 year later...
Kemosabe

I signed up for the $4 a month recurring, but if you're supposed to donate at least $10 before becoming a "supporter", do I need to donate in a different way as well?

I signed up for the $4 a month recurring, but if you're supposed to donate at least $10 before becoming a "supporter", do I need to donate in a different way as well?

This is an old thread, and the supporter donation structure has changed. You have already done what you need to do. You should have received your supporter key via email, if not just let us know.

• Like 1