Android Mobile

Redshirt

Redshirt

Currently open issues

• Unable to stream while over cellular. (elshagon)
  • Video scaling issue (CBers)
Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 6

Redshirt

Hopefully not to far away. I'll update this post with the news/progress.

• Like 1

Great effort and love this piece of art, when drilling down from one movie actor, I can see his/her related movies; but I cannot select any!

Added a post in Feature Requests forum, thanks

CBers

Currently open issues

• Unable to stream while over cellular. (elshagon)
  • Video scaling issue (CBers)

Thanks Redshirt.

Glad to see the app on Google Play!!

Just put the app on the kids tablets, which leads to a couple of requests for future versions

1. Manual login support (even better would be restricting and authorizing user accounts per device - but that is a server request)

2. Automatic WOL if the server is not detected - server is not on 24/7, separate WOL app is not really kid friendly...I know this is not likely to happen anytime soon :)

gutterpunk13

Love this app wish I could use it more! Theme music support is awesome.

Just a general issue I have Verizon and sometimes it can take over a minute or more for a video to start/buffer. Not sure if its me, my connection, or the app. It works great on wifi. (Galaxy S4)

Also would like to vote for the feature where the media does not stop when the screen is locked or switching to another app.

Edited by gutterpunk13

Seem to be having an issue...I am using version 1.02 (191113) that I purchased from Play store.  I can see my movie library, but the music library graphics do not display in the client.  When I select the Music library, I see the busy indicator as I normally would, but no album art or information is displayed.  If I press the Play button, a selection from my library plays - I just can't seem to see or select the media.

Redshirt

Is that when you click the green music view button on the homescreen? Or is that when you enter your music folder(s) from the library tab?

• Like 1

I found a situation where the app crashes.

I have a photo album with a bunch of pictures, and some video clips. While flipping through the pictures, when a video clip is accessed, the client will hang and crash. I'm not sure if video clips are not meant to exist in the photo library, but it would be great if videos could be supported as well.

Is that when you click the green music view button on the homescreen? Or is that when you enter your music folder(s) from the library tab?

Its when I click on the Green music view button on the homescreen. Access through the library tab works as expected (no problems).

Redshirt

I found a situation where the app crashes.

I have a photo album with a bunch of pictures, and some video clips. While flipping through the pictures, when a video clip is accessed, the client will hang and crash. I'm not sure if video clips are not meant to exist in the photo library, but it would be great if videos could be supported as well.

interesting.I'll have a look

• Like 1

Redshirt

@@theojt the green music button works ok for me. Can you provide an Android cleint log and server log for when you click that green button.

congrats on the release, real cool to see the Media Browser name in the Play Store.. I'll have to hold out on the purchase til I have some spare cash, since I'm a super poor student once again.

Side note, it was a bit tough to find in the Store. With the search "Media Broswer" it was the 5th or 6th one down.

Redshirt

congrats on the release, real cool to see the Media Browser name in the Play Store.. I'll have to hold out on the purchase til I have some spare cash, since I'm a super poor student once again.

Side note, it was a bit tough to find in the Store. With the search "Media Broswer" it was the 5th or 6th one down.

Aye, I noticed that too. MediaBrowser is just too common a term. Interestingly enough if you search by my real name it comes up 1st. :D

• Like 2

doddsie

Hi

Loving the App.... have been getting an error on both my HTC oneX and my Tablet

"Error loading next item" when playing music.....it results in the track being cut short (40 secs) ....then error....then next track starts

doddsie

IcyBergals

Hi

Loving the App.... have been getting an error on both my HTC oneX and my Tablet

"Error loading next item" when playing music.....it results in the track being cut short (40 secs) ....then error....then next track starts

doddsie

I'm getting this same error on my Verizon LG G2, but I'm able to play back music on my HP Touchpad and Galaxy Nexus.  On the G2 it won't play any music at all, it just gives me the error right away.  I've only played 5 or 6 tracks through the touchpad and I've seen the error one time, it cut a song short and started playing the next one.  And the Nexus I've only played one track for a few seconds just to see if it would actually play.  I'm able to play movies and TV episodes just fine on the G2, it's just music that is causing problems.

Server version is 3.0.5076.20161

Android client 1.0.2 (191113)

Server Logserver-63521059286.log

Client Log client-20aeb4fe-9cda-4a04-93db-0e36591ec03a.txt