Using web client offline

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

There are times that I am at houses that do not have internet. So the other day I turned off my wifi adapter and tested the web client without internet. And it does not work :( 

It showed the text, but not the style. So after examination of the HTML, it looks like the only thing that is being requested is jQuery. Is it possible to make jQuery be local rather than requesting it though the internet?

Thanks, I am new here, and I LOVE the work!

Yeah it is probably using a CDN version of jQuery. Which is nice most of the time, but does have the downside of broken offline capability. 

Exactly.. Is there anyway to edit the HTML of it and make it local instead?

No it would have to be done in a future version.

AxelAxel3

I searched through all the html files for "jquery", and found a couple hits, but nothing related to the head of the HTML, so I guess your right, the header is served by the application itself.

Should I put this is a feature request forum to get the ball rolling or what should I do to get this done?

Yeah you can put it as a feature request. I actually was trying to find it myself in the code and do a pull request, but so far no luck in the location where it actually creates the headers of the app.

AxelAxel3

Ok I will. Where is the repository located? Github? I would love to see the code for myself to seevif I can help any.

Sent from my ADR6410LRA using Tapatalk

AxelAxel3

Finally found it. I'll see if I can recompile to test and see if it works.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser

I seen your pull request. Was you able to compile it? Did everything appear to work properly without internet after that? Cause I am wondering if the new mbt works well without internet too.

I seen your pull request. Was you able to compile it? Did everything appear to work properly without internet after that? Cause I am wondering if the new mbt works well without internet too.

Not sure if I did it correctly or not. Will have to have someone that actually knows C# take a look. I can understand what is going on in it, but it isn't the language I know a whole lot about. I'm not sure MBT does any external calls outside of the application and server calls. Well it would do a call to check for updates to the internet, but that is about it as far as I know.