MBT: High CPU load for "System" Process

After many years of MB2/MBC I've installed MBT Alpha and I really like the interface.

But unfortunately I have a big problem with MBT 3.0.5079.40168: The Windows "System" Process uses 60-70% of CPU when MBT is active. It does not matter when it is in a menu or playing a Video. System process always uses the majority of CPU power and hence performance is very laggy.

The PC is a Acer Revo RL80 with Intel 1007u and Windows 7 32-bit. All drivers up-to-date and no problem with other players.

Edit: High system load occurs after I log into MBT, not before. MB Server is specified as "localhost" in MBT settings.

Edit 2: Here is the MBT log file.

Edited by Pintu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This still an issue or do I have a different one?  I just put windows back on one of my Intel Nuc's (the one with the celeron) to use MBT and its at like 90% usage just at the home screen, playback is not possible.

Koleckai Silvestri

Most likely the same underlying issue. They haven't done many optimizations to MBT yet as it is still in an alpha state and they are still adding the featureset.

• 8 months later...
mjb2000

Your'e not alone Pintu, I have found this too on Win 7 x64. I thoguht it might have been due to CPU load from the network adapter, but it also happens when running the server and MBT on the same machine.

A test video plays with 12% CPU in Windows Media Player and 50% MBT CPU + 25% System CPU when playing in Media Borser Theatre (I have a quad core CPU, so I suspect the 25% CPU is due to a single threaded processes running at 100% across all CPUs