Scan Media Library hangs/never completes

rms8

Hi All.

I've used MB2 for several years and stopped back in April when we moved.  I am getting ready to start our new HT and am rebuilding my server and clients using the new MB3 Server/client SW.  So far I've installed the server.  I had it "Scan Media Library", but it keeps stopping around 73-75% with an abort message.

I have seven 3Tb HDD.  All rips (DVD/BluRay/HD-DVD) are in natiave folder format.  The folders already contain the metadata & pics from MB2.  I've looked at some of the folders and it seems like they are being updated since they have pics in them that were not there originally (when I was using MB2).

I'm not sure why it hangs/stops.  Any ideas?

I tried searching for the eror message "scan media library aborted", but got 0 results.

Thanks,

Rob

can you post a server log

Hi Luke.  I remember you talking about MB3 while I was still a very active member on the old forum!  Thanks for the speedy reply.

Do you think it could have anything to do with me setting the HDD turn off time to 5 minutes?  I assumed that if MB wanted to see what was on a HDD if it turned off,, that it would simply spin back up like it will if I try to explore a HDD which has turned off.  This worked in MB2, albiet with a slight pause before a movie would start.

Thanks Luke.

I looked at the log and it seems the process would stall when it got to an ACDC Music Folder.

When I was using MB2 I only had it manage my movies and I let WMC do the music.  I simply removed the Music folder from the servers library and the scan finished in less than a minute (it picked up where it had left off).

Thanks Luke!

Edited by rms8

• 7 months later...

Me too I have this problem , i try to do a clean install but the scan library never finish. 

Hi there! Thank you for reporting this issue. Please help us help you by supplying as much information as you possibly can, including log files, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the problem. You can find instructions on how to do that here:

How to report a problem

xmathx

Hi , here the log file , i don't know if the problem is coming from media browser server  installed on a windows server 2012 essentials because before MBS  was installed on my nas with windows home server 2011 with no problem . thx again for you support. 

server-63541026951.txt