Another Chocolate Idea

ebr

What do you guys think about this new view for Chocolate?  It would be how you view TV series.  No more drilling down through the Series and then Seasons.  A Series would come straight here and you can get to all the episodes.

52ab470ac79b4_chocseries.png

• Like 5

Cheesegeezer

Like the idea actually, i know its only in idea stage but i would use thumbs instead of posters. Or make the posters much smaller.

Concept is great tho :)

Nice work!!

WWWestern

Is old mode remain as option? The new for me is too difficulty. Scrolling 26 seasons of the DW (1963) with 20-30 eps in each?! Oh no!

I'm all for thinking of new ways to look at things.

This looks nice, but... just trying to think of potential problems. I agree that some long series might be awkward to get to the more recent seasons. Also, say you start a Play All From Here part way thru a season.. would it then advance into the next season? I don't think I would want it to automatically do that... Hmmmm...

I think this should definitely be an optional thing, maybe even on a show-by-show basis.

Like the idea actually, i know its only in idea stage but i would use thumbs instead of posters. Or make the posters much smaller.

Concept is great tho :)

Nice work!!

Thumbs would take up too much horizontal space.

Is old mode remain as option? The new for me is too difficulty. Scrolling 26 seasons of the DW (1963) with 20-30 eps in each?! Oh no!

What if you could expand and collapse the seasons...?

• Like 2

gthrift

I'd have to see it in action, but i think it could work well of it would default to collapsed.

• Like 2

WWWestern

This makes sense. If per season basis and "Expand All/Collapse All" controls. And I agree with pagali about "show-by-show basis". Maybe a vision something like a "enable/disable chained mode" per user. For example, V (1983) fit "chained mode", DW - not.

Edited by WWWestern

seanbuff

I think it could get too confusing for some with too many options, and show-by-show basis.

I think default collapsed view could work.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

While it is a decent idea and wouldn't mind it as an alternate list type view, I don't think I would ever use it. I'm usually just interested in the current season I'm watching and don't care about all the other seasons of a show.

Nice! I will have to re work my app to load episode names at season level and figure out a command to scroll down.

While it is a decent idea and wouldn't mind it as an alternate list type view, I don't think I would ever use it. I'm usually just interested in the current season I'm watching and don't care about all the other seasons of a show.

Ironically, I wouldn't ever use it either as I drive all my TV viewing off of MBPlus channels still.  But, I thought it was worth investigating if people thought it interesting.

Ironically, I wouldn't ever use it either as I drive all my TV viewing off of MBPlus channels still.  But, I thought it was worth investigating if people thought it interesting.

Yeah, which is why it would be a nice alternative to the standard list. Not sure what you could call it. Maybe a super list or something. I've seen something similar in the HBO Go channel on the Roku. They have an "All Seasons" category. So you can select that or season 1, 2, etc.

yardameus

I really like this.  Would it be possible to have a configuration option to "Show all Episodes in List" check box or something?  Checked shows this, unchecked shows how it is now.  This would probably make me use the list view more often, especially for a series where I'm looking for a particular episode, but don't remember what season it is in.

gthrift

Does this mean you're still working on MBPlus?

It looks like it would work similar to the Netflix WMC client. When you have a TV show, you have to scroll down a lot. Take for example The Simpsons, at 24 seasons and around 24 episodes per season, that would be a lot of scrolling to find something that today we can get  in a couple if clicks.

It looks like it would work similar to the Netflix WMC client. When you have a TV show, you have to scroll down a lot. Take for example The Simpsons, at 24 seasons and around 24 episodes per season, that would be a lot of scrolling to find something that today we can get  in a couple if clicks.

It would still automatically scroll you to the first un-watched episode.  And, if the seasons were collapsed, it would be the exact same amount of scrolling as it is without this view.

Does this mean you're still working on MBPlus?

Not lately.  I have it functional enough for me to use in my environment but nowhere near ready for public consumption.

Okay, one more stab at this.  Collapsible seasons.  This basically replicates the same navigation that would exist now but all on one screen.

If people don't like this, I'll abandon this idea.  It was just something to try. 

52b1d2c9d99d2_chocseries2.png

52b1d2dbb93dd_chocseries3.png

• Like 2