Another Chocolate Idea

ebr

WWWestern

I would have removed the posters (picture #2) in the left column altogether, replacing them with a small icon. Chase the scrolling string in menu is as flea catch. Let there be more space for the episode list.

Yeah very interesting idea. I'm with WWW. I'd remove it either to the left or to the right because it seems kind of redundant to have the season poster on screen twice.

Chase the scrolling string in menu is as flea catch.

Sorry, I think this must've lost something in translation... ;)

uspider7

what if you inverted the seasons, so that last season would be at the top (maybe have it auto collapsed), this way you won't have to scroll to get to the current season.

HTPCity_Planner

Yeah very interesting idea. I'm with WWW. I'd remove it either to the left or to the right because it seems kind of redundant to have the season poster on screen twice.

yes. I agree. I'd prefer if the one on the lower right stayed, just go with text on the left. this would make the stacking/collapsing function of that left side list much more compact, which I think is one of the desired effects here.

Edited by HTPCity_Planner

what if you inverted the seasons, so that last season would be at the top (maybe have it auto collapsed), this way you won't have to scroll to get to the current season.

They are collapsed on entry and it would scroll you to the first unwatched item just like it does now (if that option is checked).

HTPCity_Planner

Using banners actually works really well IMO.  Pretty clean looking. Really liking this.

Edited by HTPCity_Planner

MrWebsmith

agreed...i like the banners look.. my only hesitation is exposing how many season banners ill be missing lol (would show banners inherit down if no season banner is there?)

Yeah that is the only downside of the banners. Is a lot of shows I have at least don't have season banners. They have series banners, but not the individual seasons.

• Like 1

WWWestern

On the screenshot - banners have a disproportionately large size. I would have decreased to 60%. Yet is somehow unbalanced, I would either minimize the backdrop, or reduce the width of the left area.

seanbuff

Yeah that is the only downside of the banners. Is a lot of shows I have at least don't have season banners. They have series banners, but not the individual seasons.

I agree with @@gcw07 on this. I personally know that not all my shows have season banners. This could end up looking quite sparse with some shows.

Reducing the width of the list was a good suggestion.

52b31f361df98_chocseries6a.png

On the banners - it would show the series banner if there isn't a season-specific one.  That might look a little redundant but probably better than blank.

As for optional - the entire view would be optional.  You could use the normal view browsing through seasons and drilling down if you wish.

• Like 1

WWWestern

Oh that's better, but I would slightly decrease width of banner, so distance from left edge of the screen to left edge of the banner, to match with the distance from right edge of the banner to left edge of the backdrop.

Edited by WWWestern

WWWestern

Yet another suggestion: "Ends" would have almost no visible for me, because internal player controls, can it move closer to the beginning of the string? Thanks.

Sorry, but using a mouse is always going to be compromised.  I don't want to give up that screen real estate for that small situation.  I know it isn't small for you, but it is overall.

I understood what you were talking about.  That only happens if you use a mouse and I'm not willing to give up all that screen real estate for that situation.

However, I will try and fix this (which is related to using the logo instead of text):

52b340e523ff2_chocoverlap.png

gthrift

All of my shows are showing 0 episodes with the latest chocolate version.

Also, Is there an option not to use the new view?  Can't say I'm a fan of the banners.

All of my shows are showing 0 episodes with the latest chocolate version.

@@ebr I have got the same problem as gthrift with epsiodes not showing,they are actually scrolling but you cannot enter any season as it is showing 0 episodes as screenshot below. The episodes are showing in default so it is a chocolate issue.

52b3bdf50abb6_Untitled.png

Edited by Yogi