Two Questions: MBC Crash After Playing Movie & Auto Start on Boot?

T.Wells

Hello,

Two separate topics, the first is an issue the second is a question.

First up is whenever I play a movie using MBC, after finishing or even if I stop 30 seconds into the movie, when I return to WMC and MB, I receive an error that MBC is not responding.  I have the choice to either close the program or cancel.  Either selection does nothing as I need to go back to the PC and exit WMC by pressing ctrl+alt+del.  My method of playback is to mount a ISO (from a WHS 2011 machine) using VCD and playback is via TMT5.  I never had this issue using previous versions of MB (this is my first and fresh install of MBC).

Second is that MB (now MBC) no longer automatically starts on machine boot.  Is there a selection to autostart WMC and MBC?  I don't seem to see it anywhere.

Thanks for this excellent product.

Best, 

T.Wells

Latchmor

I am experiencing MBC crash after playback also. I playback all new content from my local hard drive first and then I move it to my NAS, the NAS is not always on.

It appears that the problem only occurs when my NAS is offline. I started playing one film this morning with the NAS offline, stopped it and I got the MB Not Responding popup when trying to back out of the film. I switched on NAS and played back the same film and stopped it, no crash at all.

As far as I can tell this was not an issue a couple versions back of either MBC or the Server.

Current Versions

MBC: 3.0.103.0 B12-19.1

MBS: 3.0.5103.29414

I've attached a bit of the log with errors as it was very big, it appears to give the same error for each offline film on my NAS. I've also attached a fresh log with the NAS online where it works fine. (well one error about a rating image)

Cheers

Latchmor

The server wouldn't be involved in this issue as it has to do with the hand-off between MBC and TMT all on the client.

Please post the MBC log from when this happens and any error or information that is generated in the Windows Event Log as well. Thanks.

@T.wells go ahead and put separate topics in separate topics so that we can handle them separately.  It isn't possible to mark something partially solved.  Thanks.

I will go ahead and answer your question though.  Just drag the shortcut that is created for MBC to your startup folder.

• Like 1

Latchmor

Hi @@ebr, well this is strange. It works fine now! I switched off my NAS then restarted WMC + MBC, played the same file, stopped it and backed out to the home screen with no problems, no crashing. It's almost as if MBC needed to 'see' my offline items since one of the updates and now it has it's happy!

Attached MBC log anyway, (couldn't see anything in Windows Event Log from the crashes earlier today).

Cheers

Latchmor

Edited by Latchmor

Latchmor

Apologies, rushing! Here is the last one before the NAS was booted today. It actually doesn't mention any errors.

However, not sure if it's related but through the night there was a very big log, second file attached. I've removed thousands of similar lines in the middle just so I could upload. All lines I removed were the Error,,GetCurrentPlayState... ones you see at rows 69-73.

Thanks

Latchmor

Hi, as a rule no I don't leave MBC running all the time and I usually back button all the way out. However there are times when I have jumped straight to guide or live tv, like last night!

Cheers

Edited by Latchmor

Okay, all the errors reported in the log are just because of that situation.  WMC won't let us access certain information if we aren't the application you are actually viewing at the time.

As for the crash, I can't find where that was if it isn't logged in the event viewer.  Be sure you look at all messages.  Sometimes they are labeled as just information.

Latchmor

Thanks ebr. It hasn't happened again at all. Like I said, it resolved itself right after I booted the NAS which had been off for several days during which there had been 1 or 2 updates to MBC.

Anyway I'm happy that all is well now but I'll let you know if it reoccurs as this scenario (content offline for a while + MBC updates) will happen again I'm sure.

Thanks again

Latchmor