MBC crashes after playing anything

tp546

Latchmor

Hi, not sure if this is same issue as me but if you read link below you can see that I had some files that were 'offline' for several days on my NAS drive. I started getting crashes, then after I booted my NAS up the crashes stopped, even after switching it off again. Do you have anything in your library that is currently offline? It's a long shot I know!

Cheers

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3223-two-questions-mbc-crash-after-playing-movie-auto-start-on-boot/

Cheesegeezer

@@tp546 i can only find one error in the whole log which is regarding ThemeVideo Backdrops.  Do you have the plugin installed.

If you do please untick the option in roc to all themevideos in all themes.

Does everyone having this problem have both the theme videos plug-in and one of Lee's themes installed?

Yup - I just uninstalled theme videos and everything is working fine so that must be the problem.

Yup - I just uninstalled theme videos and everything is working fine so that must be the problem.

The next question is, which component is actually crashing?  Can anyone find an event log error?

I still think the best way to address this is for @@leedavies to remove the functionality from his themes as it is not needed anymore and can cause problems like this and be confusing to the user (duplicate functionality).

• Like 1

leedavies

And if you do the reverse and uninstall all my themes, but leave the theme videos plugin installed, how do things behave then?

And if you do the reverse and uninstall all my themes, but leave the theme videos plugin installed, how do things behave then?

Actually if I do that, it won't play any movies - it plays my intro twice and that's it. If I play a TV show, it plays and then when I stop it, it plays my movie intro (which it shouldn't play with TV shows ever) and then MBC crashes. There seems to be an issue with how it interacts with the intros plugin.

leedavies

Actually if I do that, it won't play any movies - it plays my intro twice and that's it. If I play a TV show, it plays and then when I stop it, it plays my movie intro (which it shouldn't play with TV shows ever) and then MBC crashes. There seems to be an issue with how it interacts with the intros plugin.

Ok, so let's change the record and stop blaming my themes. It's getting boring.

There's no blame being passed, only information gathering by asking users to try different things. Ebr and I are only suggesting that it would make more sense to just let Radeon's plugin handle it since it's built for that specific purpose and is theme independent.

Does everyone having this problem have both the theme videos plug-in and one of Lee's themes installed?

I don't have any themes installed and only use the cover art plug-in.  Everything else is default.

I've been getting a lot of MBC freezes and crashes, never had any theme videos installed. Happened with Chocolate, ROC, and Subdued themes. Haven't had a chance to pursue it because of holiday company, had to go back to XBMC just so we could watch some movies. :(

I've been getting a lot of MBC freezes and crashes, never had any theme videos installed. Happened with Chocolate, ROC, and Subdued themes. Haven't had a chance to pursue it because of holiday company, had to go back to XBMC just so we could watch some movies. :(

Same here - getting crashes still now even though I switched to Destiny. I had family over last night for the holidays and it was embarrassing that I couldn't show them much of anything without crashing.

MrWebsmith

agreed... if this is the same "crash" or freezing I'm seeing after playback its fairly recent and i've never installed any of leedavies' themes.

leedavies

agreed... if this is the same "crash" or freezing I'm seeing after playback its fairly recent and i've never installed any of leedavies' themes.

I agree it's a recent problem (within the last week or so).  Prior to then, I could watch several episodes of a TV show one after the other, but now as soon as I go back to the details page with or without pausing playback, or waiting till the end of the episode and playback is finished, MBC just hangs.

• Like 1

CBers

I agree it's a recent problem (within the last week or so). Prior to then, I could watch several episodes of a TV show one after the other, but now as soon as I go back to the details page with or without pausing playback, or waiting till the end of the episode and playback is finished, MBC just hangs.

Same here.

I agree it's a recent problem (within the last week or so).  Prior to then, I could watch several episodes of a TV show one after the other, but now as soon as I go back to the details page with or without pausing playback, or waiting till the end of the episode and playback is finished, MBC just hangs.

Yup - I am often getting the media browser has crashed notification while I am watching something, which never happened before i started seeing it a few weeks ago.