Studio Images Project Tracker

Brendon

Brendon

Lukes recent call for help on getting the insane amount of studio images done for MBS has been great, but with so many wanting to help and to make sure everyone's not doing the same thing Yogi has asked me to try and keep it organised. So it seemed the logical way was a very basic spreadsheet that you can all see what is done and what needs doing, to that end i made up a quick one on google docs that everyone with the link can edit, before that though the basics for those just coming along to help.

What we need are 16*9 studio images similar to what's seen below;

52c0cb5ea051c_Untitled.png

You can do Movie Studios / TV Studios(Networks) / Game Studios and Recording Studios

They need to be

• 1066 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height)
  • new "metro" flat look with no beveled or 3D edges
  • Neat and High Quality (ie. if the only logo you can find to use is a 50x50 .gif skip it and go to the next one, better to have none than something reminiscent of a tetris block)

As mentioned, due to the sheer amount of studios there are across all platforms we need to both manage the intake and have an idea of whats needed.

So if you're up for it, shout out below and bookmark the google spreadsheet here.

Using the spreadsheet:

• To save scrolling down one massive list i have made 3 (Movie/TV - Game - Recording), to start i have populated it with just over 2200 studios (movie and tv) and a little over 900 are done.
  • The general idea, find something that needs doing and mark it green (in progress) if you like you can add your MB user name into the status column, once you have it done you can send it to GitHub if you know how or zip them stick them in some dark corner of the web and post me a link here and i'll send them.
  • If you are sending your images directly to GitHub, please head back to the spreadsheet and mark them red (completed) once you have them pulled. If you are posting links for me to send to GitHub i will mark them complete for you when i have.

The spreadsheet is a guide only and will grow, if there is something not listed there you wish to do, add it, mark it in progress and do it. (you'll notice recording and games rather empty, so there are plenty to be done).

NOTE: atm not everything done has been marked off, will take a little time to catch up, until then you can comfirm what has been done following this link (feel free to help mark them).

and last but not least Thank You to all getting involved.

• Like 4

Delphi

Tracker updated from github thru the B's lots of alias that should be easy to make... Have an appointment but I'll be back in ~ 3 hours to continue plugging away at this...

EDIT: Tracker updated through J commited obvious alias to github...

Edited by Delphi
  • Like 2

Brendon

@@Delphi thanks mate, i'll be onto them soon as well, (having a minor disaster here, my dog got out and just found out pound got him, causing me to much stress, he's like one of my kids).

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@Brendon & @@Delphi well done for taking on this massive challenge, its much appreciated and your help hasn't gone unnoticed.

Maybe you might be interested in this

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3557-calling-all-members-become-part-of-promotions-team/&do=findComment&comment=55907

Brendon

Thanks Cheesegeezer i don't mind doing it all, have been using MB for a long time but never had time to help out until recently so taking the opportunity to give back some.

@@yardameus well he is stuck in puppy jail for 2 days mate, though it might make him think twice before running off next time, it's saturday here and i cannot get him until monday :(

Brendon

nicely done Delphi, thank you, i just finished hunting down images for the oz pay channels, hitting photoshop with them now.

Brendon

@@Luke should i be removing conflicts? eg. SBS Australia does not exist it is SBS One SBS2 and ABC Australia does not exist it ABC1 ABC2 ABC3 ABC4 Kids.

Brendon

Luke may have to find some way to deal with it mate, there is going to be a lot of unnecessary calls otherwise things like BBC1 BBC-1 and BBC 1 wonder if i give him a list of all the duplicates with varying names maybe they could be made to point at one.

Also now running into an issue of multiple studios/production companies with the same name, not sure how to handle those ones, use the prettiest logo maybe lmao

Edited by Brendon