Calling all members.... Become part of promotions team

Cheesegeezer

Good day,

2 members been add it to that group (Airbender and Lee) as requested from Cheesegeezer.

My best

Cheesegeezer

Good day,

2 members been add it to that group (Airbender and Lee) as requested from Cheesegeezer.

My best

Cheers Abo, can you also add @@Brendon.

That's such a shame about your business brendon, i hate hearing stories like that, it seems to be all the big players that survive, and these are the companies that generally don't give a crap about the customers. Anyways much appreciate you volunteering and as said before any help goes a long way so thank you.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Just to let you all know that I will be looking after the fanart.tv blog over there. I'll be getting something together today regarding content so it might be helpful for you guys to see whats going up there.

candybar213

If you still need someone I will do my best to help you out I have been a supporter of MB2 and MB3. I currently use the Roku and MB3 as well as the web client on the server machine. I currently use movie theme and tv theme, trailers, cover art plug-ins. I am by no means an expert on what you guys do but I am a huge fan of it and can't wait to see your post with new and upcoming features so if I am the type of person you want to promote you just say when, where, and what.

The Candybar213

candybar213

I screwed it up already it is suppose to say "I use Roku and MBT with the web client on the server machine."

The Candybar213

Cheesegeezer

So Here is a zip of screenshots for our various clients/apps that we have.  It's by no means complete we are just waiting for 7illusions to provide some nice screenshots for the win8 app.  Here is the zip anyways.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfu0hlwcyqb6lzl/MB%20Promo%20Shots.rar

Cheesegeezer

Did you not need my help with this project The Candybar213

Ooops, I must have missed your post(s) somehow, sorry been a little busy lately.  Of course we would appreciate your help.

If you can list the sites you are likely to tackle here that would be great.

Many Thanks

candybar213

Not sure were you had in mind but I listen to the lifehacker podcast every week and they are constantly promoting plex. I would like to put a small post on their open page to bring MB3 to their attention. Other than their I don't do many tech forums. Only other one I frequent is Twit network witch I can hit up with a post or two.

The Candybar213

trusselo

What? Am I not included because I'm white?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Cheesegeezer

Not sure were you had in mind but I listen to the lifehacker podcast every week and they are constantly promoting plex. I would like to put a small post on their open page to bring MB3 to their attention. Other than their I don't do many tech forums. Only other one I frequent is Twit network witch I can hit up with a post or two. The Candybar213

Hey that sounds perfect.

What? Am I not included because I'm white? Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Yeah bro!!! lol

No by all means trusselo, you're help will be well received mate.

@@Abobader, can you add these 2 guys to the Promo team when you get a moment buddy, cheers

CBers

speaking of gamebrowser, it really needs a makeover in the how to section. last time I looked at it last month I couldn't figure it out.

Do you mean the GB guide in the KB:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2720-gamebrowser-3-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=46235

If so, then you might want to speak to @@Redshirt, as I only posted it on his behalf - he supplied all of the content.

trusselo

It might be a good idea to put someone on the task of idiot proofing all guides.

Also if might be nice to find an open source nintendo emulator to port as our own. Would be nice if could be played through the server to TVs, controlled by Android remote... Ah pipe dreams...

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

Mfusick

I agree on the guide. It's well done but it's harder to follow and often times it does not work.  I have seen a couple posts on AVS saying basically the same thing.  

I am not super advanced,  but I do consider myself above average and even following the guide it was not very easy to get the game browser up and running.   It took like of trial and error and tinkering,  which in the end I figure it out but as much as just playing with it and intuition as following the guide.  

It needs to be written for morons because morons exists.  Use the worst case scenario,  if someone is already advanced they are going to figure it out anyways.

I would suggest a step by step with big pictures of screen shots with arrows and highlights.    So that if you follow it step for step you can't mess up.   Right now it's not bad,  but it's hard to follow and it almost encourages people to skip ahead or skip around which is part of the problems people have.    It takes a second or third reading and go through before you can really figure it out.   IMO it should be once.     If that's not possible then game browser isn't easy enough to set up.

Another suggestion on that would be put a couple links in to a web page that you can get a ROM or a emulator you might need or want to use for a test purpose and walk the user through getting that working.   Then they are on their own to source the rest.  Something that is legal and allowed of coarse as the example.  

trusselo

In our mentioning of developers coming by and getting involved, mention that our plugin store creates a safe and fun way to earn some extra cash. someone find the right way to word it and ill copy and paste it.

BTW  i will be doing alot of copy and pasting (properly) in my promotions, leaning on the use of the word "team".

Me fail english? thats unpossible!

Edited by trusselo

trusselo

@@bloodtaker its an interesting angle using gamebrowser to expose MB.

speaking of gamebrowser, it really needs a makeover in the how to section. last time I looked at it last month I couldn't figure it out.

Cheesegeezer

Are you a seasoned user of GB, if so please do a write up of where you feel the improvements are and contact @@Yogi or @@CBers to get them to update/add it to our KB section.  That would be great if you wanted to do that.

trusselo

Are you a seasoned user of GB, if so please do a write up of where you feel the improvements are and contact @@Yogi or @@CBers to get them to update/add it to our KB section. That would be great if you wanted to do that.

no I was trying it out for the second time neither time I could get it to work. That's why I tried using the guide but it wasn't very useful...

• Like 1

trusselo is helping us in other areas, this promotion area in fact. but i'm sure we can find another GB user who might be willing to help revamp the guide.

• Like 1

trusselo

I would consider myself an above average user, I'm certainly not a programmer but if I can't use a guide, it needs some work. And I have the special ability of thinking like a moron they would really have trouble

• Like 1