MBC Does Not Show Up in WMC

rsaxman
Go to solution Solved by abstract,

The installation went fine but Media Browser does not appear anywhere in Windows Media Center 7. I looked at the KB and tutorials, and it appears that when I open WMC, MB3 should just show up. 

This is the second computer that I have installed it on. The first one works fine.

Logos302

I would look in the event log for any errors and post them here.  But there should also be an install log made by mbc, posting that as well would be good.  OS being Windows 7 I'm guessing by the WMC 7.   

The installation failed for some reason.  Find the msiInstall.log in %appdata%\Mediabrowser-InstallLogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstalled MB3 and tried again and the same thing is happening. Here is the install log:

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Classic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBClassic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Found 1 versions.  Will choose latest one of Beta class
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0.117.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Classic version 3.0.117.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Successfully downloaded version 3.0.117.0
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Archive is MSI installer C:\Users\**********\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Calling msi install
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to start program C:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installation complete

so maybe that is the problem, there is not a msi install log. I deleted everything, ran windows update and I was missing some .net updates but it has still not helped. 

Edited by rsaxman

Strange thing is that the MBC config now shows up under Extras. When I click the shortcut to MBC, it just takes me to the WMC7 home screen. My brother is reporting the same issues from a different computer in a different state.

Edited by rsaxman

C:\Users\**********\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi

Did you blank out the user information or is that actually what is in the file?

It thinks it is already installed so it didn't really do much.

Try un-installing MBC from programs and features and then re-installing it.

Un-installed, deleted every reference to MBC that I could find in app data, program data, program files, etc. Re-downloaded and installed. Results are the same.  :( MBClassic-Msi.log

I am one step closer... Using Media Center Studio I was able to move the MB3 entry point to videos & pictures. It now shows up up when I start media center, but nothing happens when I click to launch.

glogrono

Hi everyone,

I'm having this same issue, except mine was caused when I used MCE Reset Toolbox to try to move the MediaBrowser entriy to the Movies section. I've had everything working perfectly for months till today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May sound very simple but are you sure you have media browser enabled in the extras menu? To check, go to 'settings->start menu and extras->extras library' and make sure that there is a tick next to media browser 3.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
venkman

Is there a solution to this problem yet please. I have been trying for 2 days installing/uninstalling MBC to no avail, it will not show up in WMC since updating.

Server version 3.0.5340.21263
MBC 3.0.196.0

Server installs and runs no problem, when I install MBC, WMC starts up and goes to extras menu, no sign of MB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo49yfbnlucsx87/server-install.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m33bfoqr3dvrfp/mbc-install.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbm3ytj6cjw69y9/MBClassic-Msi.log

Thanks

• Solution
abstract

I had this same issue repeatedly, but was due to using MCE Reset Toolbox.

Especially If you've been using MCE Reset Toolbox (or the prior Studio program)...

Suggest you do a full WMC clear-out - add/remove WMC in windows features and then do a google search of TechNet for clearing the WMC cache/database files before reinstalling.

(If you have it installed - Remove MCE Reset Toolbox before reinstalling - it seems to cause all sorts of issues, for me at least)

Edited by abstract
  • Like 1

Looks like our installation is working fine.

First, take heed of abstract's suggestion.  If you haven't messed with one of those WMC hacking tools though, check and be sure you didn't disable the application.  Go into the Extras and look for it in the disabled apps list.