Changes to tags

steve1977
Go to solution Solved by bigjohn,

steve1977

I am extremely happy to see that "tags" are longer filled with tmdb tags, but instead are user-defined (quote: "To be consistent with metabrowser, movie plot keywords are now saved into a new PlotKeywords field. Tags are now intended to be user-defined only").

Is there any way to remove the previously scraped tags or will this even happen automatically anyways?

steve1977

they'll have to be removed manually, either from the edit pages or from files

Oh no, this will take me forever with 4,00 movies. I could just go ahead and delete the XMLs and NFOs, but this will require me to rescan all movies (and I have probably around 150 where I changed the movie name and locked it).

Any other idea for some faster way to wipe all the "old" tags?

• Solution

I used the "Find in Files" function in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) to blow away all of the tags from my XML files.  You can use a regular expression to search on and specify all .xml files in a specific folder and it's subfolders.

Here's what my "Find in Files" dialog looked like when i ran it:

remove_tags_zpse69bbdec.jpg

just hit the replace in files button, let it run, and the tags are gone when you revisit the MBS editor.

Note the  "Regular expression" checkbox and the "In all subfolders" checkbox.  In case you can't see it very well in the picture, the find text is ".*?".

If you use this, be very careful that your file filter (*.xml) and folder location are set correctly.

• Like 4

steve1977

This is fantastic, thanks so much!!!

Will I need to apply this both to XML and NFO file or will MBS take care of the NFO file automatically once I make the chance in the XML file with the method above?