Release Information

bigjohn

Any chance we could have a pinned post in each board detailing the current Official, Beta, and Dev releases of the various pieces/parts?

• Like 1

Are you volunteering to gather all of that information and handle posting it for us?

Until we can find a non-developer to handle that chore, It's good as it is now. Dev releases come too fast for that. Just follow github if you want more frequent info. Beta and release are more or less the same thing anyway, just anywhere from a few days to a week apart to give us a chance to resolve bugs that weren't found during earlier stages.

Are you volunteering to gather all of that information and handle posting it for us?

Until we can find a non-developer to handle that chore, It's good as it is now. Dev releases come too fast for that. Just follow github if you want more frequent info. Beta and release are more or less the same thing anyway, just anywhere from a few days to a week apart to give us a chance to resolve bugs that weren't found during earlier stages.

I might be able to do that, but one of the reasons I was asking is that I didn't know there was a new server release until I saw some others posting about it. I don't see the blog posts because of the way I interact with the forum (Tapatalk and when in a browser I use the View New Content with it set on Forum) , and since there wasn't an announcement in a forum post and my server install doesn't notify me in a timely manner I had no way of knowing.  It could just be a post saying "new release - here's the info" with a link to the blog post.

I assumed the Dev build would be way too much to keep up with, but thought I would throw it in there because others might be interested. At this point I don't need to keep up with the dev builds, but maybe sometime in the future.

That's cool.  Saw that listed in your latest commits on github.  Where exactly on github would I look to get current version numbers? Sorry, I am not very familiar with github yet.

I do think we need to maintain some sort of condensed, simple release notes for the server.  I try to do this with MBC with each beta release.  I also tag github commits with release numbers so that you can see more detail if you wish.

Redshirt

Well between the beta and release i've managed to sneak this in, so now you're going to know.

52daf90188d22_Untitled.png

Back atcha!

52db3f5c102cd_20140119025655.png

• Like 5