Live tv, guide etc. in mbc?

heula
Go to solution Solved by Latchmor,

Just installed serverwmc and I see this live tv with guide etc is available in the webclient. This is a nice feature and now I don't have to use remote potato anymore. What I have always missed in media center was to be able to schedule recordings, watch the guide etc from every pc in the house instead of just the one with the tv cards in them.

Can we expect to see the guide, live tv etc in mbc some day?

Edited by heula

Some day.

This will be particularly difficult because it doesn't fit any display paradigm any of the themes understand.

Some day.

This will be particularly difficult because it doesn't fit any display paradigm any of the themes understand.

okay, let's hope they some day will.

The wmc guide is only available on the machine with the tuner card in it.  He was wanting to see this information on other media centers that don't have the live tv capability.

This is a reasonable application, but is something that will not be easily implemented and, given the fact that most MBC users will have easy access to the actual WMC live tv stuff, will probably not be a huge priority.

It is likely it would be via some sort of add-on like if I bring MBPlus back.  That way I could control the presentation of it regardless of the theme.

Deihmos

You should get a network tuner and then problem solved. All your PCs can then have a guide. 

Edited by Deihmos

You should get a network tuner and then problem solved. All your PCs can then have a guide. 

That's an option but that's not what I'm going to do. With the serverwmc webclient on my ipad is a better and cheaper solution.

Edited by heula

i think what he means is network tuner + server wmc. really the ideal solution so that it's not tied to a single machine.

Deihmos

i think what he means is network tuner + server wmc. really the ideal solution so that it's not tied to a single machine.

That is exactly what I meant. I am using the HDHomerun Prime. 

Well I assume he wants to stay within Media Browser because if you're going to talk about using another app you might as well  just use the wmc guide.

• Like 1

I think mediabrowser theater should be the front end used once complete anyway. Removes the need for WMC completely now!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

wally007

But how would this help to have "one guide" on multiple machines ?

Currently I have Network Tuner (Dreambox) and two WMC machines connect to it. The problem comes when someone sets up recordng on one machine, the other one does not know about it since they dont share same guide recording database.

Does ServerWMC help in anyway in this scenario ?

mini__me

I can see this being useful to be able to continue using my MCE extenders till they die, but have one GUI (MB3) through the whole house, as I'm fairly sure I remember reading a way to boot an extender to something other than one of the MCE default options.

This would also give remote control of the content played to the extender through an MB3 application running on an old iPad / Surface in a similar way to the current Ceton My Media Center that I'm using now to control 7MC.

If I can boot the extender straight into MB3 then it may also allow me to upgrade my current 7MC / MB3 server to Windows 8.1 and run MBT with the additional plugins to launch some of the Win 8 stuff.

Obviously end game is to bin off the extender and have something small running MBT but if I have the extender hardware it would be good to continue using it till it dies :)

• Like 1