Can't Switch to Poster Wall in MBT Successfully

A8HTPC

...edit...not sure what just happened...this posted before I was done, must have fat fingered. Title is supposed to be "Can't Switch to Poster Wall in MBT Successfully"

For some reason, my old install of windows and MBT, I could switch between views successfully. The new installation is having trouble. Trying to switch to Poster Wall, not all movie covers load and the setting will not be saved. When I back out, go back to collections, then go back into DVDs or Blurays, the view is back to Poster strip with all movie covers.

MBT Version: 3.0.5149.19554

Server Version: 3.0.5135.31685

Edited by A8HTPC

• 3 weeks later...
lolwut

Having a similar issue but, in my case movie covers load correctly,

Just that the settings are not saved for view preferences.

Tried uninstalling and installing again. All the configuration is deleted but I am still stuck with Poster Wall at Movies and Poster Strip at TV-Series.

I checked the config files but cant find the tags for these settings. Is it stored somewhere else or that MBT fails to write the config file for view preferences?

Any suggestions?

lolwut

Figured it:

Changing View -> FAILS to save view

Changing View -> Sorting menu -> Remember Sorting -> SUCCEEDS to Save View 

• Like 2

A8HTPC

I was thinking of trying that too yesterday but didn't. Then I saw your post. That works for me too when I view ALL MOVIES through the MOVIES tab. Under FOLDERS tab I have BluRay and DVD as separate collections. When I view all the movies in BluRay or DVD, those views do not have the sorting feature therefor will always revert back to poster strip.

Just add this to the "Needs Attention List" Luke lol.

• 4 weeks later...
dhallam

Not sure if this is the same issue, I was using server 2012 essentials running the latest beta and everything was fine and I could change views and the settings saved fine. This weekend I have rebuild the server onto 2012r2 essentials and fresh server install and I seem to be getting this same issue.

The default view all artwork works fine, but I normally use the File view which was working fine, but if I change it now it goes back to the default view and also some of the artwork is missing when I change the view (a refresh fixes this). Is this still and issue and is their a workaround? not sure why it has just started doing this on a fresh install, when the old version was updated to the latest.

I'm always set to Beta updates and my current version is 3.0.5192.19560

Also I have seen somewhere you can change the default view in a user xml file, would this be a workaround?

cheers for all the hard work, Server and MBT are excellent.