Disney Shorts Organizing

ghostguy
Go to solution Solved by ghostguy,

ghostguy

So i have every Disney short that used to air on the Wonderful World of Disney Sunday nights back in the day

I'm looking for suggests on how to catalogue these and both IMDB and TVDB are of no help at all smile.png

Most are 8 mins in lengths give or take

yaksplat

This one took me a while to figure out, but I finally found  away to organize them that they're all easy to find.  I hated how thetvdb put them into series based on years, even though people, including me, had set up a series based off of one character so everything was easy to find.  People also kept changing the order which became extremely annoying.

I ended up creating a Movie Folder "Disney Cartoons" that has sub folders for each character; mickey, Donald, goofy, silly symphonies, pluto......

In each of these folders is a typical movie organization in which each cartoon is considered to be a movie.  One short per folder with the folder and short name with the convention from themoviedb.org.  The hardest part was naming all of the files correctly and moving away from the SxxExx format.

You'll notice the great posters that have been uploaded for each short as well

52fc4fb2dae50_dduck.jpg

• Like 4

yaksplat

Oh and I did the same exact thing for Looney Tunes as well. 

I was actually surprised that nearly every cartoon had an entry on TheMovieDB. 

This one took me a while to figure out, but I finally found  away to organize them that they're all easy to find.  I hated how thetvdb put them into series based on years, even though people, including me, had set up a series based off of one character so everything was easy to find.  People also kept changing the order which became extremely annoying.

I ended up creating a Movie Folder "Disney Cartoons" that has sub folders for each character; mickey, Donald, goofy, silly symphonies, pluto......

In each of these folders is a typical movie organization in which each cartoon is considered to be a movie.  One short per folder with the folder and short name with the convention from themoviedb.org.  The hardest part was naming all of the files correctly and moving away from the SxxExx format.

You'll notice the great posters that have been uploaded for each short as well

Man, that is awesome.  I've always hated the way TVDB organized that series (and the attitude they give anyone who dares to question them).

Now I'm going to have to go and reorganize my series too.  Thanks for signing me up for hours of file renaming, yaksplat.

• Like 1

yaksplat

Man, that is awesome.  I've always hated the way TVDB organized that series (and the attitude they give anyone who dares to question them).

Now I'm going to have to go and reorganize my series too.  Thanks for signing me up for hours of file renaming, yaksplat.

The attitude was unreal.  How dare you disagree with them!

I just went through converting every Disney and Looney Tunes short from dvr-ms to mkv, testing and renaming each file then putting each in a folder.  896 shorts total.  That was a pain in the ass, but well worth it.

I have a program that I use for renaming.  I'll see if I can clean it up some and put it up on my skydrive.  Right now it's in the state where only I know how to do things in it.

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Nice setup. Currently redoing all my Disney Animated Movies for better organization. Might have to do shorts within that folder as well. I don't have as much as you though. Just Silly Symphonies and Mickey Mouse collections. Hopefully one day I will have them all. Getting the best metadata and images is always going to require some work and clean up though.

Used to have a batch file that would rename files recursively through subdirectories. Probably a powershell script to do it as well. A lot of third party utilities out there to try in the future as well.

Edited by Wayne Luke