Cover Art Not Applying to Some Movies

Jobber8742

Jobber8742

When I load new movies into MediaBrowser most of the times Cover Art does exactly what it is supposed to. However, there are sometimes where it will not apply the correct overlay to the box art. It just leaves it blank gray. Any idea what causes this and is there a fix? Here's an example, as you can see Live Free or Die Hard does not have the correct overlay although it is a mkv file from Blu-Ray just like the rest of them.

52fc101cb5753_diehard.png

This happens because either the movie is discovered by the system before it is fully finished copying and, therefore, when the system tries to interrogate the video properties (like video and audio codec) it cannot (because the file is not complete) or the video cannot be interrogated for those values for some other reason.

Jobber8742

This happens because either the movie is discovered by the system before it is fully finished copying and, therefore, when the system tries to interrogate the video properties (like video and audio codec) it cannot (because the file is not complete) or the video cannot be interrogated for those values for some other reason.

That's kind of what I was guessing. But there are times, one file in particular that I cannot get re-discover. What I try to do is remove the folder from the mediabrowser share and delete the metadata file. Then rescan media in MediaBrowser, then reinsert the file into the MediaBrowser folder, then rescan. It works to fix it most of the time, but I do have one file that that refuses to work for. Any ideas of how I can get it to rediscover?

Maybe we can't get media info on that file.  What is listed in the web client for audio and video information?

dansblackcat

I have the same problem with the correct cover not being applied.  I also notice that sometimes the media info icons (mkv, 16:9,5.1 etc) aren't updated.

Even if I refresh (using the record button) the movie it still wont apply the correct cover, however the info icons do update.

The only way to get the cover to be applied is to either delete and re-download or pick another cover.

I have always assumed this problem for me is caused by me using metabrowser?

Edited by dansblackcat

Scott750

Could you delete the primary "folder" image and allow metadata to re-download the folder image again? Maybe CoverArt Will see the new image and apply the correct format overlay.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The problem is the system doesn't recognize the change in media info information as something that means an image needs to be re-cached.  It is possible that I could correct that, but I'm afraid that will slow down performance 99% of the time to help out 1% of the time.

What I would really like to have is a way to force the image processors to be re-run from the metadata editor.