Feature Request MB3 Server Auto-Organize - Movies & Anime

GlitchZA

GlitchZA

I would like to be able to organize more than just my tv shows and monitor more that one folder I also different naming patterns between my anim and tv shows it would be great if I could set them separately. I would also like to be able to use it with movies.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
Slouchmr

yes i would also like Media Browser to do a full scan and rename any file that isn't in the right format.  I would also love it you could add the release date to each tv show as well. :)

• 1 month later...
saitoh183

yes i would also like Media Browser to do a full scan and rename any file that isn't in the right format.  I would also love it you could add the release date to each tv show as well. :)

Any word on this?

Beardyname

I for one would not want this....

It would be better to add another auto-add feature but for movies. (which we probably will have so just enjoy the ride :) )

Koleckai Silvestri

What is needed for auto-organizing movies? Are we organizing by resolution? by rating? Alphabetically? Studio? Genre?

For Anime do you auto-organize them the Japanese method where each series is basically one season? Or do you use the US version where different years are different seasons.  The second one actually works now if you pull data against thetvdb.com.

The problem I think is this type of request needs use cases and scenarios that the functionality would fulfill.

Edited by Wayne Luke

saitoh183

What is needed for auto-organizing movies? Are we organizing by resolution? by rating? Alphabetically? Studio? Genre?

For Anime do you auto-organize them the Japanese method where each series is basically one season? Or do you use the US version where different years are different seasons.  The second one actually works now if you pull data against thetvdb.com.

The problem I think is this type of request needs use cases and scenarios that the functionality would fulfill.

Actually for anime its not really a issue with the current anime plugin. For the movies it would just a nice to have since we already have it for tv. Watching a movie folder for renaming and moving would allow me to get rid of stuff like filebot scripts that I use right now to rename and move my files.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
thefirstofthe300

Actually for anime its not really a issue with the current anime plugin. For the movies it would just a nice to have since we already have it for tv. Watching a movie folder for renaming and moving would allow me to get rid of stuff like filebot scripts that I use right now to rename and move my files.

I just want to say that I am in the same boat as saitoh183.  I only keep Filebot around because the server hasn't been capable of auto-organizing movies.  

• 3 months later...
politby

Bump.

Any chance of auto organize for movies being implemented? Surely there must be lots of MB users who record movies.

If MBS can make tvdb lookups, why not themoviedb?

politby

Any chance you could share those scripts? :)

• 4 months later...