Pictures look weird

DigiTM

Firstly, a big thanks for updating and constantly improving MediaBrowser.  I have one small problem though after the latest server build release.

The thumbs are all squishy looking in Tv episodes.  530c5a051fe23_Screenshot20140225184215.j

Edited by DigiTM

MrFlibbles

Same issue for me on version 3.0.5168.16132. Possibly a coverart issue, as when I set "Episode" treatment to "ignore" it displays fine. Looks like some of the other image display issues are fix though. Most of my cover images with "rounded" treatment are not squashed now. Except for collections view which shows multiple squashed images layered on each other (the image layering is the coverart option I chose).

I had Gloss/Diamond as a treatment.  And I can confirm, once I set to ignore it was alright again.

Yeah, the problem is that treatment shape is for posters.  It will work for landscape items too but some internals inside the server will mis-interpret it as a poster shape so some apps will probably display it improperly.  A bug was probably fixed in the web client which is why it is just now showing up.

MrFlibbles

I too had rounded for my treatment of "Episode" images. I use rounded for alot of my other images as well, but so far only the episode ones seem to be displayed incorrectly.

MrFlibbles

Issue still exists on server 3.0.5171.19958. Haven't seen any coverart updates either so not sure if it is a server or coverart plugin issue.

Nothing has been addressed with this.  I'm not 100% sure it can be but I'll look at it.  I won't release an update for a bit though because our infrastructure is having to handle too much right now and I don't want to overload it.

MrFlibbles

Cheers ebr. Just providing the info. If it doesn't actually stop my wife from watching media then, from my point of view, there is no need to panic ;)

DigiTM

It only appear this way in the server.  Have a treatment applied to episodes and it looked squished, but looks fine on MBC.  Can someone else confirm this please?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you guys have "Use Original Art Aspect Ratio" checked in the profile for these items?

• 1 month later...

Don't you guys have "Use Original Art Aspect Ratio" checked in the profile for these items?

Never did before and it was fine. I can confirm that this resolves it by checking it on default profile. So I'll set default to ignore episodes and turn this back off.Then I will setup a profile pointed to my tv locations and have that profile only treat episode images and have art aspect ratio checked in this profile. I will have to create 4 identical profiles to accomplish this as my TV content is in 4 different places.