Auto-organise learns from manual handling?

Luke

fraenhawk

That would be great. I switched from Sabnzbd with metabrowser monitoring a watch folder and organizing for MB2. When I switched to MB3 I just had Sab point straight to one of my TV folders for MB3, however some shows live on other drives/paths. I was excited when I saw the new auto-organize features. It's working for most things so far, but I noticed the same problem, especially for shows with years in parens. Will be great once it learns, or if we could put an alternate path in the series metadata. The great thing is that I can monitor MB3 from anywhere and easily get into the dashboard and fix shows. The activity log interface is so easy.

Loving this new feature, it's killed mcm for me which is great.

One question, tonight I had to manually tell it that Intelligence.us.s01e08.mkv was the series Intelligence (2014).

This all worked great but I wondered if it would remember this or if I'd have to do it again for the next episode?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
fraenhawk

Have there been any more thoughts on this? Instead of having to put intelligence into the manual organize popup ui screen to remember what you picked, there could just be a new metadata element on each show's main metadata page. Maybe under Name and Sort Name, have Alternate Names where a delimited list could go. Even just having the auto organize check against the path folder as well as the name would help. For instance, Hell's Kitchen downloads as "hells kitchen us SxxExx.mkv". Even though I have my folder also as hells kitchen us, it fails to match because I'm assuming it's only comparing to the Name metadata?

metadata:

Path: \\server\shows\Hells Kitchen Us

Name: Hell's Kitchen (US)

Alternate Name: hells kitchen us

fraenhawk

Ugh, I never liked MCM for television. I only used it for movies. With MB2 I ran Metabrowser for my TV cleanup and still had to manually fix some things here and there. At least with MB3, I just have a favorite that takes me straight to the MB auto-organize log and I can fix things from anywhere. Wife texts to see if there's a new So You Think You can Dance, I just pop on at work to see if it just didn't auto-organize. Making it a little smarter in its recognition would be the icing on the cake.

Spaceboy

True, the one thing Mcm lacks is a web interface, we've been asking for that for years. But, in all honesty the times when I need access to mcm are very minimal, monthly maybe. Otherwise it just does it's stuff completely unnoticed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
fraenhawk

I've searched through the forums, but has it ever been answered what exactly the auto-organize feature is comparing the files found in the watch folder to? Is it the folder name, the metadata name? As I mentioned in #4 above, I have a downloaded file's series name that perfectly matches the folder name but I still have to manually organize. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can tweak at the metadata side until any enhancements are made in MB3 since it seems more programs require me to manually organize than auto-organize anymore.

• 1 month later...
Starlionblue

I understand that auto-organize cannot possibly figure out all combinations of series titles. However it should be possible to implement a "learning" feature. If a user has manually organized a title due to failed auto-organize, MBS should learn that this naming convention represents a certain show, and auto-organize should work automatically for the next ep.

Thus my request: Auto-organize to learn from manual auto-organization inputs. Possibly this could be combined with a community database upload of learned requests.

Further auto-organize feature requests:

• Auto-organize to attempt to parse ep numbers like 506 into 5x06. Thetvdb lookup to see if a show has 50 or more seasons should help.
  • Better understanding of year numbers in show titles. For example doctor_who_2005_8x10 should not break auto-organize.
  • "Batch" feature for manual organization. Instead of moving eps into folders when "Ok" is pressed and then having the user wait, option to do all the manual selection first, then a button to move all the files at one.
  • A function to reverse auto-organize file moves in case MBS or the user makes an error.
  • If a show exists in two versions (for example two languages), options to have one as default and also to get a prompt in the auto-organize screen. Currently auto-organize seems to just put new eps in the latest added version.
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ernstgot

I do agree with this.  I have had many files fail to move because it cant find the correct folder to put the video in.  I think if you (the user) see's this happen you should be able to put in a keyword for the auto-organizer to see for the file when a new one is downloaded and move it to the correct folder you tell it too.

ginjaninja

Tvrename calls this an alias for the show...more of a brute force thing..if you see this string then show=x regardless of any fancy subtle regex matching.

• 4 months later...