Syncing

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

After looking around on the android play store, I seen that the plex server android app can sync music to android. Is this something that might be implemented? I know it would take a lot to do, but it would make things a lot better!

My server is actually on my laptop that goes to work with me and my phone company only gives me and my wife 1gb a month to share so streaming is out of the question. I would love to listen to the music when I am out and about.

So my question is is this a planned feature for anytime soon?

Sent from my android using Tapatalk

Redshirt

I don't have a timeframe, but it's definitely on the to-do list for everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
geremye

Any update on this? I just converted over to Android and am trying to find the best way to sync movies/tv shows with my tablet.  Since I have my library perfect in MB this would be great.

thefirstofthe300

As soon as this feature goes beta, BYE BYE PLEX FOR GOOD!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
AxelAxel3

Has there been any word on this?I know there may be other priorities but I'm just curious if there is an ETA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

MrWebsmith

the problem is that ETAs are hard to meet...ever.. even with the best intentions.. our devs are amazing.. but working for less than peanuts in there spare time on these projects with families/jobs/vacations/etc that rightly take priority over this hobby/obsession we all share.

i want this feature too... but its a big job.. just think of the clients "wrangling" that has to be done... messing with conversions and copying on various platforms.. even an initial proof of concept will be a challenging job.. they are def on board, but i wouldnt expect a date... just keep checking back in and hoping to be surprised one day with an announcement post about it...or about progress/teaser video etc...  

however it happens it will be awesome i have faith.

AxelAxel3

I understand that. I am a developer too for things that I make no money on while having a job and a family. But I was just curious if it was being worked on or if it was just decided not to be implemented. What I really meant to say was it still going to be implemented. But you answered that for me. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
MKANET

Is this the number #1 feature request for Media Browser 3?  I personally don't need synching very often.  Although, it seems whoever I talk to that uses Plex won't even consider trying MB3 until there's synching support.

• 4 months later...
markle88

Any news on this feature? I travel a lot and don't have access to wifi sometimes. I'd love to be able to download videos abd use the mb on my windows rt to view offline.

Olywa123

It's in the works, Luke and the team have been working on the interface for syncing recently in the dev builds so this feature is coming fairly soon in the new year (it the next big feature release). If you want to see it progress you can play with the Dev builds (but do understand they are exactly that and you may experience issues elsewhere in the short term).

• 3 months later...
itsrumsey

Was this ever done?  Did I miss it?  Can't find sync function in the Android app.  Really, I want to sync video.

• 2 years later...