Custom Arctic MediaBrowser skin

elcabong

elcabong

screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/K0E8U#0

The skin can be installed along with the latest version of the xbmb3c add-on from the xbmb3c repo: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-repo/

download latest version:

https://github.com/elcabong/skin.arctic_xbmb3c

above is the link to my repo.

copy the skin into your addon directory and enable XBMB3C mode to pull info from your mb3 server:

settings > skin > General tab: select XBMB3C Addon (if you have xbmb3c addon already, xbmb3c mode should enable by default on first use)

let me know if there are any requests for functionality. il keep this updated with my general use, but i dont use this for all of my media types. also feel free to submit pull requests if you add stuff to the skin

==================================

=== Customization, only for advanced users

==================================

if you need to edit the submenu buttons for your mb3 db, edit the file "Includes_Mod.xml" starting around line 1956

Edited by im85288
  • Like 3

im85288

I haven't tried this version but this is my second favourite skin in xbmc. So well done for getting it MB3 compatible.

Edited by im85288

• 1 month later...
tube82

BigList view is supposed to show banners instead of posters for TV shows. For whatever reason, this is disabled by default in Arctic for plugin paths.

If you remove the conditions regarding plugin paths from lines 35, 219, 439 and 704 of Viewtypes_BigList.xml the banners are shown for MB3 content, which makes BigList view for TV shows a lot nicer!

• Like 1

elcabong

il fix that in the next round of updates.  i dont use a lot of the views, so thanks for letting me know.

edit--

updated in GIT

Edited by elcabong

dark_slayer

I've always wanted to use this skin in xbmc, but never got around to it

Funny it's the first one I tried with xbmb3c. I can't give a good compare contrast having not tried it otherwise, but am I missing where the shutdown menu is? I can't find any quit option anywhere.

Thanks for this skin

elcabong

quit is labled as 'exit'

there is an option to enable a power menu icon for the home screen menu in settings>skin>home>manage custom home items

an area that needs to be updated to be customizable for xbmb3c, but the custom/settings/power options should function fine.

you can also pull up the power menu by pressing the "s" key on the keyboard control or using {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"window":"shutdownmenu"},"id":"1"}}

if you are using the "panel" home style:

if you are on a menu item that has no selectable widget, like the settings gear, or weather, by pressing down opens a power sub menu.

all the predecessors are to thank, they created an awesome skin, i just added xbmb3c integration, but im glad other people like it as well and are using it..  much easier to bug fix and implement features requested by others.

Edited by elcabong

elcabong

the next thing on my list to add, i wanted to make sure the functions/variables werent going to change too much in the addon before implementing it in the skin.  will get to this tomorrow, then shoot an update over for the xbmb3c repo

Edited by elcabong
  • Like 1

elcabong

updated in GIT for additional fanart and a few other small fixes.  should be in repo soon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
elcabong

GIT has been updated to include views.xml for setting custom views in xbmb3c.  will be pushed to the repo after a few other small updates

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
dc2325

Thanks elcabong! This is a great skin! Suit my taste very much.

However I have a question. When XBMB3C mode is on, music and photo items in the main menu are pointed to relevant items in MB3, and I couldn't customize these 2 menus in the skin setting, whatever I change to, it still points to music and photo items in BM3. Could anything can be done to let me customize them, says I would rather add some XBMC addons to these 2 menus. In other words, is it possible to point movies and tv shows only to MB3 when XBMB3C mode is on, and leave other items in the main menu as is in XBMC mode?

Thanks for the great effort!

elcabong

the settings section for custom menu nodes needs a bit more attention. 

at this point, as you have seen, the default supported media types (movies, tv, music, pictures) are an all or nothing switch between the xbmc library or mb3.  il take a look at making the settings screen reflect mb3 options when that mode is active, and will add the ability for additional custom items after the default 5 or 7 for movies, tv, music, and pictures.  currently, the settings only show xbmc mode, and any changes are not reflected in the menu when mb3 is active.

i have also updated the weather widget and weather page, so that will all be in the next update.  il keep you posted when git/repo have been updated.  should be about a week if my work continues to keep me busy.

• 2 weeks later...
elcabong

a small update to the repo last week with updated weather widget and weather page.  just wanted to chime in saying works been overly busy, but should be letting up by wed this week, so the settings update for custom home items using mb3 mode should be updated soonish.

• Like 3

elcabong

hey guys,

had a little extra time today and got the first version of custom home items for mb3 mode in GIT. 

for those who already have the skin installed, set this (to false) in your guisettings.xml to re-run the initialization to add some new default values (it shouldnt overwrite any existing ones)

<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic_xbmb3c.Skin.Initialization.Items">false</setting>

when looking at the settings>skin>home>manage custom home items >>  the sub menu will now display the correct settings for either xbmc local db or mb3 mode if enabled for the movies, tv shows, music, and pictures menu items.

movies, tv, music sections have completely separate home screen menu items.  so you can have the local db items setup one way, and the mb3 mode a different way.  the default menu items for mb3 mode cannot be changed at this point, but you can add additional items now.  there are a few reasons i did this, so if being able to change the default menu items is preferred we can discuss why they are static.

i also removed the + option to add menu items from the movies, tv, music sub menus (while on the home screen).  some might like it there, but i found it can confuse my guests if they accidentally click that while trying to choose something, so menu item changes/additions are kept to the settings menu for the main items.

let me know if everything else works as expected or if there are any issues..  after everything looks good il push to the new repo.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
elcabong

just pushed an update to the repo.

fixed live tv button access on the main menu

added mb3 "channels" link under programs when xbmb3c mode is on

fixed plots not showing in mixed widget view when set to show

updated in GIT now, or auto update should pick it up in the repo soon.

• 4 weeks later...
reguila

Hey guys, 

I would like to have the option for not using xbm3c for music, and use xbmc music library instead. How can i manage to do that? Maybe edit some file?

Thanks

elcabong

at this point its an all or nothing for the media libraries.

i need to make some updates to arctic soon to catch up with the current xbmb3c updates, so i can look at adding an option to use the default library for music.

in the mean time, you can grep for "mb3" and remove the modified music parts.  but remember, any time i push an update to the repo, it will overwrite your changes unless you change the skin name in addon.xml

elcabong

i just pushed an update to separate the music database from xbmb3c mode.

grab git or wait for the repo to update soon and auto update to version 0.9.10

Option in the "MediaBrowser" skin settings tab to toggle mb3 music or xbmc/kodi music database.

let me know if there are any issues, i dont really use xbmc for music so it wont be thoroughly tested.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your Arctic port.

Can you integrate the local trailer function from XBMB3C?

Edited by Madic

elcabong

sure, il take a look when i have some time later this week.  I know there are a few things i am behind integrating in the skin compared to a few other skins, so any requests for those features will bump them up in my todo list as the skin works for most of what i need it to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since this is my default skin I've been using it a lot and wanted to give a little more feedback on little things I noticed.

1) I always have "Ignore articles when sorting" active and it works as expected. However: The skin shows the first letter of the current item in the top left corner when a list is fast-scrolled. I like that, but when the mentioned setting is enabled, articles should be ignored here as well. E.g. "The Big Bang Theory" should show a "B" in the top left because that is the letter it was sorted by. With the current behaviour the letter switches to "T" all the time, making it less useful.

2) The XBMB3C setting "Sort NextUp by Show Title" doesn't seem to work

3) I sometimes experience a problem with the in progress TV show shelf: The last two or three items become the same. So far I couldn't really find out what causes this or when this happens, but once it happens, it usually stays like this for a while. I can try to collect more information about this.

elcabong

Thanks for your feedback. I finally have some time today, so il be updating a few things on the skin.

@@tube82

1.  il be looking at fixing this today.

2.  it looks like its not supported by the widget values, I tested on 2 other skins and i found the same behavior.  if you go into the list view by going [TV Shows > Next Episode] from the main menu, then the sort order is alphabetical when this is enabled.  It may be a bug, or non-complete feature in the xbmb3c addon.  let me know if you find a skin that implements this correctly, and il take a look, otherwise it may need to be requested to get widget support.

3.  ya, this bugs me.  il take a look today.  I think it happens when the list removes a show so the total number of the list is -1, all the shows slide up in the list, but i dont think the last one is removed so it stays as a double.  if another show is watched and removed from the list, then it can happen again.  this may be the cause of having multiples of the same show at the end of the list.

• Like 1