• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • Local time: 09:22 AM
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Special Notice:

The official Media Browser for Roku channel has relaunched with a new location:

http://mediabrowser....u-beta-channel/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unofficial Mediabrowser for Roku Public Beta Client is now available: Roku Client

So if you have a Roku and are interested in helping to test it out, follow the link and add the channel. If any problems occur while running it, please post them below in this thread. Thanks.

Now TV Users

Please read this guide by CBers on how to side-load the channel: Now TV Guide

Here is a link to the latest version of the channel for side-loading: MB Roku Zip - v1.16.5 beta

Last Updated: Dec. 4, 2013; Current Version: 1.16.5

Change Log

• 1.16.5 - More bug fixes for legacy devices; Added server successfully found page;
  • 1.16.4 - Minor bug fixes for legacy devices.
  • 1.16.3 - Redesigned server configuration; Now allows multiple servers; Bug fixes;
  • 1.16.2 - Add mark/unmark played/favorite; Added favorite movies to home screen; Add music video support; Allow enhanced images on collections;
  • 1.16.1 - Bug fixes; Server restart check; Warning for ISO/Folder rips playback; Improved trailer playback;
  • 1.16 - Added collections; Improve audio/video direct play settings; Added support for other audio and subtitles; Added played/progress indicators; Added enhanced image support; Added auto-select next tv episode; Bug fixes;
  • 1.15 - New Theme; Added popup bubble; Added dynamic loading for speed improvement; Bug fixes;
  • 1.14 - Bug fixes; Speed improvements;
  • 1.13 - Added music genres; Bug fixes; Added theme music preferences;
  • 1.12 - Added theme music to TV browsing; Fixed bug with video playback on latest server;
  • 1.11 - Added music; Bug fixes; Added Next Episodes to watch for TV; Added display toggle on home screen to toggle between resume, latest and favorite items;
  • 1.10 - Fixed problem with server requesting multiple streams; Added new video quality preference; Added new jump to letter feature for movies and tv;
  • 1.9 - Added additional button commands; Fixed problem with chapter selection in movies; Added more info screen while video is playing
  • 1.8 - Switched to HLS; Fixed problem with direct play offset; Added FF/RW for direct play; Added display preferences
  • 1.7 - Added custom video player; Added support for TV chapters
  • 1.6 - Added support for Movie Box Sets; Added support for Movie chapters
  • 1.5 - Added Genres support for TV/Movies
  • 1.4 - Added prev/next navigation to episode level; Added password checks for profiles; Hide sections that have no items
  • 1.3 - Saves playstate to server; Added support for DVD/Bluray folder rips, ISO playback; Added prev/next navigation from detail screen on movies; Checks in activity with server
  • 1.2 - Added Save User / Switch User Ability; Added Play/Resume from server 
  • 1.1 - Added Video Playback for mkv, mp4, avi
  • 1.0 - Initial Browsing

Edited by Luke, 01 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

• Cheesegeezer, Sammy and CFC like this

#2 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Here are some screenshots from the latest version (1.16).

roku1.jpg

roku2.jpg

roku3.jpg

roku4.jpg

roku5.jpg

roku6.jpg

roku7.jpg

roku8.jpg

roku9.jpg

roku10.jpg

Edited by gcw07, 11 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#3 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Reserved

#4 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts
  • Local time: 02:22 PM
  • LocationOn an Oil Rig somewhere

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

Just got my Roku LT... Courtesy of Sky ;)  and I have to applaud you on a great interface.  It has been accepted by the wife :lol: so well done.  Instructions are very clear from both yourself and CBers and had it up and running in no time.  There was no faffing about with setting it up... it just worked.

Great Job fellas and thank you for taking the time to work on this.

• CBers and CWNashvegas like this

#5 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4282 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Just got my Roku LT... Courtesy of Sky ;)  and I have to applaud you on a great interface.  It has been accepted by the wife :lol: so well done.  Instructions are very clear from both yourself and CBers and had it up and running in no time.  There was no faffing about with setting it up... it just worked.

Great Job fellas and thank you for taking the time to work on this.

Another happy "Sky" customer then ;)

#6 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Is there any chance in a future release that the Music artists could show as you have them on your PC.  I'm not sure how it works but it appears that the artists come from Idtags rather than user collection.  Its only a thought, as I'm not very good at keeping my tags clean with music. I also like to create my own albums due to downloading a lot of dance music from Beatport. Cheers

#7 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

I will take a look at the code later today and see what I pull as I can't remember off the top of my head and I am just on my iPad. Everything though right now in the channel is views and not collections yet. I am in the process of vastly cleaning up and better error checking on the data fetchers. As soon as I get through with that I will start on the collection stuff. Just ended up busier at work and haven't had tons of time to add it yet.
  • CBers likes this

#8 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

The views are great and what you have done with the limited system resources is just right.  The performance is way better than I expected, infact it's pretty flawless.  I don't know if you start adding to it that you will hinder the performance.

I do have a nemesis movie which is Catch Me if you Can.  I'll get the mediainfo file(attached) and you can see if it's the player or your code.

Just when you have time mate.

Cheers

Attached Files

#9 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

The views are great and what you have done with the limited system resources is just right.  The performance is way better than I expected, infact it's pretty flawless.  I don't know if you start adding to it that you will hinder the performance.

I do have a nemesis movie which is Catch Me if you Can.  I'll get the mediainfo file(attached) and you can see if it's the player or your code.

Just when you have time mate.

Cheers

That file won't transcode or what?

#10 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

I hit play on Roku it loads upto 99% then jumps straight back to details page.  It does transcode as I have it playing fine in the iOS client that darwin is working on and on web client.

thought you might know.  I assume that 5.1 get downmixed to 2.0 from the server anyway?

#11 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4282 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I hit play on Roku it loads upto 99% then jumps straight back to details page.  It does transcode as I have it playing fine in the iOS client that darwin is working on and on web client.

thought you might know.  I assume that 5.1 get downmixed to 2.0 from the server anyway?

As that's an MP4 it should play directly shouldn't, ie. not transcode, or does the audio get converted ??

#12 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I have no idea mate.  don't know what's native to Roku. 

#13 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

mp4's are direct streamed. I would guess whatever is in the mp4 file the roku doesn't like. For instance if it is a vc-1 inside, it will fail. Same with bad audio. I'm reworking that area to do better checks and if it doesn't support the data inside, it will transcode instead.

#14 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ah ok, i did chuck the media info file up for you to check to see if there was something nasty in there. Thanks again

#15 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I think looking at it there are several things it might choke on. 

#16 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

A quick question Grant??

Is it possible to use a NO-IP account with Roku, the reason I ask is I could take it away when I go offshore and watch my movies/tv on the rig using my home server as the source?

Cheers

#17 gcw07 OFFLINE  

gcw07

Roku Master

• Members
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

I believe it can, but never tried. I think some forum user was doing that with a Now TV box at his parents house and using his server at his home. The only thing you will need to do is manually enter the IP since it won't auto-discover it.

• Cheesegeezer likes this

#18 Cheesegeezer ONLINE  

Cheesegeezer

MBC Dev

• Developers
  • 2077 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

I believe it can, but never tried. I think some forum user was doing that with a Now TV box at his parents house and using his server at his home. The only thing you will need to do is manually enter the IP since it won't auto-discover it.

Dude that is so sweet...... Wish I had brought my spare one with me now!!!  

#19 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4282 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

I think it was Radeon.

If the Roku can't find the server, it should ask you to enter the details.
  • Cheesegeezer likes this

#20 Tharnax OFFLINE  

Tharnax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 10:22 AM
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Anyone having issues with Roku since the update? Were any expected? It was late last night when I went to watch an .MKV episode on the Roku after I’d updated MB3 server earlier in the day. Unfortunately, the Roku would keep pushing me back to the “Play” screen each time I tried to play the episode. I really didn’t have time to investigate, I just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue. I’ll try again tonight as I see there was minor update released yesterday which I just installed today.

Thanks @CBers for pointing it out.  This wasn't here when I first looked for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users