Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

james3

Hi Guys I cant seem to setup my samsung blu ray player.  Its the latest model BD-H6500 with smart hub.  I log in as develop and for the life of me cannot get to the next step.  Any suggestions?? Thanks

james3

Hey guys!  I was hoping to help test this app with the F8000, but i have gone through every setting i can find and haven't been able to locate the area to put in the ip address.  it wasn't in options and the information posted for H with e-manual didn't seem to work.  It's running samsung's software version 1120.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Guys I cant seem to setup my samsung blu ray player.  Its the latest model BD-H6500 with smart hub.  I log in as develop and for the life of me cannot get to the next step.  Any suggestions?? Thanks

After a bit of help and tinkering around I managed to get the app working.  Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds.  Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.

Bunnyhunter

Hey guys!  I was hoping to help test this app with the F8000, but i have gone through every setting i can find and haven't been able to locate the area to put in the ip address.  it wasn't in options and the information posted for H with e-manual didn't seem to work.  It's running samsung's software version 1120.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

You have to logon as "develop" user first. 

I have recently purchased a new Samsung TV (H Series - 2014) and cannot use any of the methods mentioned in the beginning of this thread to install the app on my TV.

First method - red login button does not work

Second method - There is no "More Apps" selection on the Smart Hub

I assume that Samsung has changed the interface on the H series (from that of the F series).

Any suggestion how to install on the new H series will be appreciated - thanks

Bunnyhunter

I have recently purchased a new Samsung TV (H Series - 2014) and cannot use any of the methods mentioned in the beginning of this thread to install the app on my TV.

First method - red login button does not work

Second method - There is no "More Apps" selection on the Smart Hub

I assume that Samsung has changed the interface on the H series (from that of the F series).

Any suggestion how to install on the new H series will be appreciated - thanks

H series

You can logon as develop (user "develop", password "000000") by clicking the menu button and than select Smart Hub and in there Samsung Account menu on your remote.

After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds.

Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.

Afterwards hold the enter button down to go in the options again and choose "Start User app sync".

There will pop up a new window which says "user apps sync is requested"

After a few seconds the app will be installed on your TV.

maybe chessdragon136 can add this to his initial post.

Edited by Bunnyhunter
  • Like 1

@@Bunnyhunter thank you so much for your help to get this App installed on the H Series Samsung.

I was a bit confused at first as the options on my TV did not exactly match your description. Your instructions were of massive help however and assisted me to get on the right track.

Thanks once again.

ps Does the App automatically update once installed or does the installation procedure have to be repeated when a new version become available?

pss How do one found the seemingly hidden options in the Samsung Smart Hub interface?

Edited by Pine

This App seems amazingly stable for a alpha version (well done!). Surely there is still a lot of work to be done but the mere fact that there is an App available for Samsung is a huge bonus. I would love to see the interface move in the direction of that of MB for Roku.

Thanks for a wonderful option and keep up the good work.

H series

You can logon as develop (user "develop", password "000000") by clicking the menu button and than select Smart Hub and in there Samsung Account menu on your remote.

After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds.

Another window will pop up giving you the option to add the IP address.

Afterwards hold the enter button down to go in the options again and choose "Start User app sync".

There will pop up a new window which says "user apps sync is requested"

After a few seconds the app will be installed on your TV.

maybe chessdragon136 can add this to his initial post.

As mentioned above my TV interface differed slightly from this Herewith the steps that worked for me:

Press Menu on remote and select Smarthub > Samsung Account > Login

[Note if you are already logged in logout first and repeat above]

Sign in as "develop" (no password required)

Now select Smarthub on remote. Move to any App and hold down and hold down enter button for while. A menu will pop up. Select "IP Setting" and enter the IP address (92.232.122.228).

Hold enter button on any App again and select "Start User App Sync". You will receive a message that a "User Sync" was requested.

Now wait a little while and MB3 should appear in your Samsung Apps.

Below is menu that pops up when enter is held down:

53a94d9d877f5_IMG_15951.jpg

sornis

There are also many things not implemented / supported!

• Only TV and Film playback are in - no music or image viewing, and please don't ask for a time frame!

I've been dangling with this, if I add a folder and classify it as "music video" its a no go in the tv app

but if I add the same folder and classify it as film.... no problem everything works.... any particular reason? or is this under revision?

Edited by sornis

chessdragon136

Ok to answer some questions (im at work so i'll keep this quick)

- Auto update doesn't exist - just keep an eye on this thread and you'll know when to update - update method is the same as install.

- Install instructions I'll update when i can.

- Collection types - basically i disabled all but tv and films as they were up and working. To show other type of videos shouldn't be difficult but its the GUI layout, tv and film are quite particular in their display, what i need is a generic view to show other types of video which most likely have no metadata / limited metadata like music videos and home videos.... I'll think over the weekend how to expand this quickly as work is now in the way of it all...

Trust me

A8HTPC

So glad to see this is in development. My GF has a samsung TV I have plex installed on but would like to get MB working on it. Now does your app support remote servers? Obviously he TV will need to connect to my server at my place.

chessdragon136

So glad to see this is in development. My GF has a samsung TV I have plex installed on but would like to get MB working on it. Now does your app support remote servers? Obviously he TV will need to connect to my server at my place.

Remote servers - I believe it works but its not something i have necessarily developed and tested. Transcoding will be the issue depending on connection speed as there are no manual ovverides to select the quality yet..

A8HTPC

Ok. I usually have "streamable" versions of movies which can be direct played without transcoding. Blurays 30gig movies usually will be down to 2-3gig

sornis

- Collection types - basically i disabled all but tv and films as they were up and working. To show other type of videos shouldn't be difficult but its the GUI layout, tv and film are quite particular in their display, what i need is a generic view to show other types of video which most likely have no metadata / limited metadata like music videos and home videos.... I'll think over the weekend how to expand this quickly as work is now in the way of it all...

Trust me

I don't think there is a metadata source for music videos that I know off..... but instead of a poster we can have a miniature and the technical characteristics... I guess....

in another category there are concerts and dvds like 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069090/ or 

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/71678-u2-live-at-glastonbury

and that metadata should be available I guess... 

In My folders organization I have 2 diferent categories: Music videos (to music video clips) and Films to concerts and bands dvds, videoalbums etc....

TolkienBard

Well, I can confirm that installing 4.21 cleared up the trouble I was having with connection errors. I didn't change anything on my end, so beats me what the issue was. So far, so good with accessing and streaming movies via the app.

CBers

This how TV collection shows, a mix of season backdrops (when choosing it, nothing happens) and TV episodes

ejedudej.jpg

And this how they look in TV>show all

When turning Experimental off, TV collection doesn't open at all

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Sounds similar to what I get, or not get as the case may be ;)

GermanMeat

Came across this jewll today. Hi have MediaBrowser installed..

Have 2 questions..

1.) How can I see what version is installed

2.) Does MediaBrowser only work within a local network or can someone post some usefull addresses for content? ;-) I don't download media anymore..usually stream .

Edited by GermanMeat

I updated to 0.425a and I confirm, same above tesla) results

vyhujebu.jpg

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Edited by DaN

CBers

In experimental mode, TV looks broken still.

If I enter my TV folder, I'm presented with all episodes in episode order-it's not TV show, season, episode etc.

Movies seem OK.

Music videos don't play.

Without the experimental mode on, I can't enter my TV folder.

Again, Movies seem OK.

This is on v0.425a.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Thats as you have your tv set up as a General collection hence why you have these problems.. Its not optimised for non standard collection sorting..

Just turn it off, i have the info i need currently.

Thanks

CBers

Thats as you have your tv set up as a General collection hence why you have these problems.. Its not optimised for non standard collection sorting..

Just turn it off, i have the info i need currently.

Thanks

Nope, my TV folders are setup as TV.

I can't access my TV folder at all with it off.

The only way I can access my TV shows, is via TV/SHOW ALL.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Version v0.425 out

Mostly minor changes relating to tidying up code and making it nicer for me...  - however there is a new setting in the settings menu which exists on a per user basis - Expermimental. This is a setting to toggle test code so users can choose whether they wish to test code or not...

In this version the test code should allow users to select any type of collection content - however i do not know if it will actually let you go further or what it will show - simply put I require you to test and screenshot and debug as my time is limited :)

But then again that is why I have the option in the settings now, it lets you test so i can push out code quicker :D

Enjoy - Let me know if anything is broken....

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Ok I have no idea what has happened with this - It works with me:

@@DaN @@CBers in your internet browser can you run the following please:

http://192.168.1.108:6666/mediabrowser/Users/4b4c128121aa642086bb225659a7d471/Items?SortBy=SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&CollapseBoxSetItems=false&fields=SortName

changing the relevant bits to be your server name and port, and the second part to be your user id (found by navigating to the dashboard, users, select a user and the url will say userid=XXXXXXXXXXX

Once loaded can you save the webpage and send it to me or tell me the Collection Type of your TV folders please

Sorry, i'm either being really dumb and missed something obvious (most likely!) or something has changed since my last active spell and i need to correct for it

Thanks 

P.S - I have pushed out a new version v0.425b which should be the same as a, just wondering if the file failed to update :S

Edited by chessdragon136