Touchsquid tablet remote

wraslor

wraslor

Just wanted to put this out there for you guys, have any of you used the app touchsquid?  It's a universal remote app for your android device.  Along the same lines as irule.  it has a couple of benefits over irule to me and those are:

1. Price (little cheaper)

2. It can use the built in IR blaster of your device along with IP and rs232 control and exteral IR blasters if needed. (irule can't use built in IR)

3. Ease of setup (it can all be done via the device no comptuer needed) granted this gives less customization but if you've ever messed with irule it can be a heck of a setup.

4. The support, the admin has been very responsive responding to my inquiries very quick and even fixed a bug right after i made him aware of it!

Now if you're not familiar with how these remotes work think harmony activities, you hit watch tv and it turns your tv on, your receiver on, etc and puts them all on the right inputs etc all with just 1 button push.  it remembers the state of your devices when you switch activities and at the end power off.

Some other cool features are you can program macros, launch urls, launch other apps ( for example I have a button to launch the MB android app) I have buttons to launch mbc and mbt etc.

Basically my harmony 900 is going up for sale and is being replaced by a galaxy tab 3 7.0 and this cool drink holder mount I found on ebay that puts the remote right where i want it on my theater chair.

Check it out over at touchsquid.tv  I'm pretty impressed and thought I'd share.

• 3 months later...
Android5

Touchsquid uses Samsung Galaxy Tab or Samsung S4 /S5 built-in IR blaster.  This is a huge advantage as this eliminate the need to purchase an external IR blaster.  It also does not require the use of a PC in the setup process.  It is cheaper.  Several plus.  For those who wish to have an activity based universal remote on an Android tablet or smartphone, Touchsquid GR is available on Google Play Store on a 10 day free trial.

aspdend

I much prefer unified remote - does everything extremely well and uses the house wi-fi - much easier