PowerDVD 13 Cinema Mode not working with MB3

beanboy

beanboy

Whenever I try to launch PDVD in cinema mode (so I can get PDVD to fullscreen) I get an error that 

"Cinema mode does not support the playback of media"

Im not sure what the problem is.  VCD isnt mounting the image, so I assume it must be some sort of internal mounting system within MB3?

Playing movies through PDVD works fine in regular mode, so How do I get it to work in Cinema mode?

Many thanks,

Parker

A8HTPC

I think I had this problem before as well. 

What executable are you trying to start up?

PDVDLP.exe (Located in Root Folder)

PowerDVDCinema13.exe (Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema)

I do believe I had to use PDVDLP.exe with command line parameters to get it to work.

Command Line Parameters: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23102.page

Edited by A8HTPC

TrackZ

How do you use the command line parameters with PDVD? MBT doesn't tell us what drive letter it internally mounts under, correct? That would need to be specified in the parameters it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the path to player as in the post above yours then for argument have" {PATH} /PLAY " without the quotation marks then it should work note the space between the bracket and the forward slash. If anyone knows how to get powerdvd12 working would be much appreciated.

AmericanCrisis

I added Powerdvd as an external player as well. It wouldn't do cinema mode so I ditched the idea and just use the mbt player. Is there any benefit to using pdvd 13 vs the mb3 theater player?

I am now getting this error as well I gave up and bought tmt 6.5 for the main htpc would like to get powerdvd working on my pc though. Did you have any luck getting powerdvd to work?

A8HTPC

i"ll go back and fool with this. I did get it to work before, though  there was no easy way get back to MBT or close out PDVD. so it seemed pointless. Its not seamless. MBT will play DVD and bluray contact that is ripped. But I'll play around with this again.

TrackZ

I was trying to get PDVD 13 to work with MBT tonight. I can get it to launch the program fine, but I can't get it to trigger playback of an internally mounted ISO. I tried various combinations of the command line parameters linked above, but nothing worked.

I think we need a way for MBT to give a formal drive letter for it's mounting maybe or else allow us to specify a third-party mounting program like Virtual Clone Drive.

I'd really prefer to use PDVD over TMT, so being able to use PDVD as an external player for ISOs is key for me.

bluc

The command {path} /play will trigger playback but then powerdvd errors out was working fine but I think last powerdvd update broke something.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

TrackZ

I've tried many different options and combinations and still can't get PDVD to play an ISO as an external player. MBT will start PDVD just fine using the PDVDLP.exe, but the program just loads.

Can we get clarification when playing an ISO, what exactly is in the PATH variable? What does it resolve to?

If we could get MBT to mount the ISO to a fixed drive letter or use an external mounting program like Virtual Clone Drive, this would work fine. I was able to trigger playback to PDVD from JRiver which uses VCD by giving a drive letter argument to PDVDLP.exe. Really hope to see some adjustment to enable PDVD for MBT.

Thanks!

A8HTPC

I think I had to use the PDVDLP.exe /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema in order to get it to play. Or maybe that was for autoplay upon disc insert. I haven't had time to play around with it yet.

A8HTPC

Ya TMT on my machine has to much screen tearing vs PowerDVD which is very smooth. So hopefully at some point it will be seamless.

TrackZ

I think I had to use the PDVDLP.exe /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema in order to get it to play. Or maybe that was for autoplay upon disc insert. I haven't had time to play around with it yet.

I'll try some cinema mode combinations. If you get it, please post here. So far I haven't hit on the right combo to make it work.

Obi-1

I encounter also problems to play files with PowerDVD in cinema mode. Make a lot of search and I find by myself the solution. It was a pure hasard but I'm nice to have found what's was my problem.

So here what was my problem.

Each movies from my library is located in a proper folder with backdrop, coverart,... the folder name is like => [blu-Ray] Iron Man 3 (2013)

I realise that when I rename my folder and change "[" character by "(" => (Blu-Ray) Iron Man 3 (2012), everything run fine inside cinema mode !!!

So PowerDVDcinema.exe seems to don't like "exotic" characters in folder name!

AmericanCrisis

Does PowerDVD allow for matching frame rates as compared to MPC-HC with madvr?

Can I get PowerDVD to exit to MB3 classic when I press "stop" on my remote?  Right now I have to use the mouse to exit out of PowerDVD.  This is a hassel as I want to put the keyboard away.

A8HTPC

PowerDVD does do this but it will also do this for movies that should not be watched at 23Hz, must be a bug in powerdvd. The movie ends up jerky and choppy. If its a bluray, PDVD will change refresh rates. Though the way power dvd changes the rates is very abusive on my computer and most of the time will end up shutting off my video output to my TV. 

LAst I checked which was a few months ago, closing PDVD13 when clicking stop doesn't work in MBC or MBT.

Edited by A8HTPC

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI, In the last week I've built a new Gaming HTPC and am almost at the final stages of having everything set-up how i want it.

Still early days of testing playback of my media files under MB3 but playing with MBC and MBT.

In MBC i have PowerDVD 11 set as an external player but had to set up two groups of file associations because what would be ideal is to have PDVD Cinema open for everything but it complains if you ask it to play media in what it considers should be in file mode (like a mkv rip).

So I have the path for PDVD cinema linked with bluray, ISO and DVD file types and a separate path set to PDVD11.exe with the other file associations.

Both options work according to the type of movie back-up I've made but I do still have a hiccup because for "files" PDVD11.exe does not open in fullscreen and i cannot find an argument string to make it do so. (PDVD Cinema is fine).

Edit: - Just to add, I was pursuing the use of PDVD for every file type because in my previous HTPC set-up, after many months (years) of prating about with codec packs, and playing with filters like LAV, MADVR and Re-clock and players like PDVD, TMT3 and 5, VLC, MPC-HC and WMC just trying to get maximum file compatability and then smooth playback, I had settled on a combination of WMC with MB2 calling PDVD as an external player for everything and just reclock doing its bit to aid smooth playback with some cases. Once I found this combination it was rare that I couldn't rip whatever I wanted into whatever format I wanted and just press play. Of course it helps to learn the most compatible rip formats too but in most cases this came down to a dvd or bluray being ripped by Make MKV or sometimes an ISO. If it was 3D then I would always rip the full ISO but I could also burn a 50GB back-up disc and use my consumer bluray player which also "just works" when it comes to the specials of 3D.

Edited by byngo