Aeon MQ5 support

allen00se

allen00se

So what are my options for Gotham? I currently run Aeon MQ5 skin and really like it and Aeon Nox is incompatible with Gotham. I can handle the shortcuts, but would like to figure something out for the widgets.

xnappo

It would be great if you would take a look at modding MQ5.

Getting MQ5 set up to work with MB3 should be fairly straight-forward:

It probably isn't more than an hour or so of work.

I think the two most important widgets are 'Recommended Episodes' (NextUp in MB3 speak) and 'Recently Added Movies'. So let's start there.

First you need to understand how the widgets work. Basically a Window property is set for each type of item.

For instance, 'LatestMovie' #1 is set by the XBMC database with this label:
Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Title)

We have similar window properties that we set in our XBMB3C AddOn. Our equivalent is:
Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Title)

Every skin is different, for MQ5 it appears the file we need to edit most is:
IncludesMenuWidgets.xml

Basically the first thing to do is search/replace RecentMovie with LatestMovieMB3. 

Then you also need to make sure that the names we set match up with the skin.

Here are all the properties we set for Latest Movies:
WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Title", title)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Thumb", thumbnail)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Path", playUrl)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(fanart)", fanart)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(clearlogo)", logo)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(poster)", thumbnail)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Rating", str(rating))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".CriticRating", str(criticrating))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".CriticRatingSummary", criticratingsummary)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Plot", plot)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Year", str(year))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Runtime", str(runtime))

The other bit you need to be careful with is the skin hiding options/data if the library is empty.

IncludesTopMenu.xml and Home.xml contain some checks for like 'Library.HasContent(Movies)'. In general you want to delete all of those.

That is probably enough to get you started. 

It IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!  Give it a go!

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

allen00se

Gave it a go and actually had a little luck... I manage to get recent movies to show in the widget with all the metadata etc. However I could never figure out how to get it to play. Here is what I ended up with

<item>
	<label>$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Title)]</label>
	<label2>$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Tagline)]</label2>
	<icon>$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Art(poster))]</icon>
	<property name="Fanart">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Art(fanart))]</property>
	<property name="Genre">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Genre)]</property>
	<property name="Runtime">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Runtime)]</property>
	<property name="VideoRating">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Rating)]</property>
	<property name="Plot">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Plot)]</property>
	<property name="Year">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Year)]</property>
	<property name="Mpaa">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.MPAA)]</property>
	<property name="playUrl">$INFO[WINDOW(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Path)]</property>
	<property name="File">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.File)]</property>
	<property name="Codec">$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.VideoCodec)]</property>
	<onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_id,$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.DBID)])</onclick>
	<onclick condition="!IsEmpty(Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Trailer))">Skin.SetString(custom_trailer,$INFO[Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Trailer)])</onclick>
	<onclick>ActivateWindow(623)</onclick>
	<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.3.Title))</visible>
	</item>

I think the problem might lie in the fact that there probable isnt a value set for "File" with MB3, looks like you are trying to set "playUrl" but when I tried to use that it still didnt work.

What am I missing?

• Like 1

xnappo

Excellent work!  You are a skin dev now :D

You can reference the files in <addondir>/skin_diffs/skin.aeon.nox_4.0.9/1080i and search for MB3 for some clues.

For this one try this:

<property name="File">PlayMedia ($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Path)])</property>

You may have to look for what window '623' does.  Since you have taken the initiative I am definitely willing to help - not at home right now so I can't dig too deep.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

allen00se

Excellent work!  You are a skin dev now :D

You can reference the files in <addondir>/skin_diffs/skin.aeon.nox_4.0.9/1080i and search for MB3 for some clues.

For this one try this:

<property name="File">PlayMedia ($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Path)])</property>

You may have to look for what window '623' does.  Since you have taken the initiative I am definitely willing to help - not at home right now so I can't dig too deep.

xnappo

Tried messing around with that, still not having any success and the log file isnt really giving me any info either. I get no errors in the GUI or in the log.

http://pastebin.com/NtZD2N88

There is the relevant section of my XBMC.log with debugging turned on.

xnappo

Okay, just remove all the <onclick> lines and change it to this:

<onclick>PlayMedia ($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Path)])</onclick>

However.. I am seeing a bigger problem.  I don't see how to tell MQ5 to show a widget on a VideoNode menu entry?

xnappo

xnappo

Any luck?  I played around with hacking it to show up for other categories - it should be doable.  Just need to figure out what to use for the <visible> check.  If you set it to <visible>true</visible> it shows up everywhere :)

xnappo

allen00se

Any luck?  I played around with hacking it to show up for other categories - it should be doable.  Just need to figure out what to use for the <visible> check.  If you set it to <visible>true</visible> it shows up everywhere :)

xnappo

Yes, worked great for me, now I just need to modify all of the widgets and I will be set... 

not sure what you mean about the problem with widgets on the video node entry? do you mean if I click the recently added sub menu?

allen00se

Actually I just noticed that the "In Progress" widget doesnt display anything and looking at the XML file it isnt clear to me how to change it...

xnappo

Yes, worked great for me, now I just need to modify all of the widgets and I will be set... 

not sure what you mean about the problem with widgets on the video node entry? do you mean if I click the recently added sub menu?

I mean that the stuff is only showing up on the XBMC database 'Movies' menu entry - which one would normally hide and replace with a 'Video Node' link to the XBMB3C 'Movies' section.

I'll take a look at 'In Progress' sometime this week.  

When you get this working well be sure to send it to me so I can include in for others with the addon.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

allen00se

Will definitely share when done, still trying to figure out some issues though.

As of right now I have to have at least one share that has files in it to trigger the widgets to accept data from xbmb3c, any ideas on how to change this behavior would be helpful

allen00se

So i think I have figured out part of the In Progress widget. It appears that in the XML file where the code says "Recommended Movie" is actually for in progress movies, however I have tried putting xbmb3c variables in this location and am having no luck getting anything to show up.

allen00se

The other thread lists InProgressMovieMB3.X as one of the variables, however I don't see that one in the xbmc.log where I do see all of the others. Can anyone confirm that this varble exists and should work?

elcabong

can you create a github project for this..  it will be easier for us to see what you have and do local tests.  check out my arctic-xbmb3c.  i have the InProgressMovieMB3.X working.

allen00se

No, I am still trying to figure out the inProgress widget, and also why I need to have video files added through xbmc before the widgets even work.

xnappo

For the second issue:

The other bit you need to be careful with is the skin hiding options/data if the library is empty.

IncludesTopMenu.xml and Home.xml contain some checks for like 'Library.HasContent(Movies)'. In general you want to delete all of those.

That is probably enough to get you started. 

allen00se

For the second issue:

ok will take a look.

Also whats the proper way to get this on github? should I just upload my files? or should I fork his? I have only ever done my own code on github and don't want to offend anyone.

• Like 1

allen00se

Apparently the creator of MQ5 (MarcosQui) does not have this skin hosted on github. So as far as I can tell there is no way to fork it. On top of that I can not even find a way to download it other than to install in XBMC and then just copying them from the addon directory... not sure if that is the best way to go about his or not? 

• Like 1

xnappo

Yeah, that should be just fine for the purposes of getting help from others here.

I think several of us can help chip in if you get this going.

Thanks for your efforts!

xnappo

allen00se

For the second issue:

So what would I change this line to? (from home.xml)

<include condition="Library.HasContent(Movies) + ![isEmpty(skin.string(movieswidget)) | Skin.HasSetting(nomovieswidget)]">mf_contentmovies</include>

I have tried a few things but it always results in nothing showing up regardless of whether I have any movies in my library

Edited by allen00se
  • Like 1