Live channels stream stopping

spankys97

spankys97

I am having problems with my live channel stream stopping.  I use FireFox v28 to view the stream.  I have attached a few logs so maybe someone can help me with this problem.....other then this problem it works great. if you need further info please ask.

transcode-6a89ad64-7499-476e-9780-33348760b9fc.txt

transcode-2a45994f-3a2a-4e52-a09c-4fa43fd31ab9.txt

transcode-1bde2ee4-24aa-4249-b2ad-8eb227474396.txt

krustyreturns

I think we also need to see the mbs log stored in:

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\logs\server*.txt

and include the serverwmc log that matches up with it for a stream that closes prematurely.

• 1 month later...
silverscout

Was this issue ever resolved as i am having the same issue. 

windows 8 machine. 

if you need any logs let me know. 

krustyreturns

If you are using serverwmc, I'd like to see its log after a stream quits prematurely (see debug tab).  It would be great if that was the only thing in the log since it can get rather long, but if you can't, then at least specify the approximate time the problem occurred (the channel also helps).

silverscout

I think I found the issue.  I had the stream settings on the config (in MB3) to be 10mb/s  I changed it to like 3-5 and it stopped.  I guess there maybe a throughput limit somewhere.  

• Like 1

krustyreturns

Interesting.  Please follow up if it turns out that doesn't really solve the problem.  I keep getting this complaint and have not known what to recommend to fix it.

silverscout

Well, I can tell you that I watched TV for a couple hours after I changed the setting.  I also brought up another browser and played another channel.  Both played just fine.  I only had one hiccup, but I think that was due to me separating a browser tab to a new browser.  

I will go ahead and tonight (late) try to reproduce the issue with the higher MB/s and report back.  

silverscout

I tried to reproduce but couldn't.  I am wondering if it is an i/0 issue.  I had a lot of traffic going on while I had that issue and after as well.  I will keep my eye out for it happening again.  but for now I would tell anyone who has the problem to drop down their mb/s to 5megs if they want to keep 1080.  In theory, this should be enough anyways. 

krustyreturns

Thanks for the info.  Please let me know if you find out more.

• 3 weeks later...
silverscout

Hi Krusty, 

so far there have been no issues once I dropped the bitrate.  we only had one issue reported and I think that was more their connection (they are in the middle of no where.. literately, they barerly get 1 meg down) and it would crash on commercials.  

• Like 1

Mutzli

I have the exact same problem. I can watch Live TV for about 2-5 sec. and then the stream stops. I have tried it with Firefox 30 and IE 11 and every possible bitrate to no avail. I use the latest ServerWMC version 1138 under Windows 8.1 and the client systems include WP8.1, Win 7, Win 8.1.

Also after trying for 4 times for a stable signal I get this error message: "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble."

Then I have to go under control panel into Live TV status and reset the tuners to try again.

Is there anything that I can change or update to get this to work?

Here is the server logs and serverwmc log:

server-63538205300.txt

ServerWMC.log

transcode-48d9b49b-c1a6-4180-9491-9a1869573279.txt

transcode-95bd111a-6009-4153-8693-48ce3788905a.txt

transcode-508a6c26-cf51-4363-b869-cdd7f625eaeb.txt

transcode-672b27ce-6282-4008-92a9-e164eb2c836c.txt

transcode-2907f7d3-73de-415f-a593-d6a1bd7373a2.txt

krustyreturns

It looks like mbs is closing the stream for some reason.  Try changing this value in the config.xml file of serverwmc (see debug tab).

BufferDelayLiveMS 

change the delay from 0 to 2000 (the units are milliseconds).  After changing the value, save the config file then reload it (or restart serverwmc).  See if that improves the stability of the stream.

• Like 1

Mutzli

It's seems that this has helped somewhat. It took three tries to start a stable stream that didn't close after 2-3 seconds. Right know it's set to a 1080p 5MB stream . I'm going to stream the worldcup games all day, fingers crossed that it works. I will let you know later today how it worked.

silverscout

@@Mutzli Are you streaming on your WAN or LAN?  (outside or inside your network).  if outside your network, what is your upload speed? also, are you able to see how your router is handling the increased load (shouldn't be an issue, but still could be).  I would also use a site to see if you are having any packet loss.  Just asking these questions as these are easier to view than reviewing the code.  Also, what is your CPU and Memory at when you are streaming?  

The reason I ask about the router is, that I didn't think that streaming would have as much of an impact as I thought it would.  However, my poor 5/6 year old router running DD-WRT gets a little stressed when everything is going on.  Yes, I am looking at you nighthawk.. however,  how does one ask your woman for permission to buy a 200$ little box.... hmmm... alcohol? if she says yes while drunk that still counts right?

Mutzli

It happened again during the world cup games. I tried to watch it on several different desktop systems and lastly on my Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1520). To my surprise it worked stable on the WP8.1 phone. So now I’m not so sure if the problem is at the Media-Server end or on all of my front end systems. I use pretty much the same configurations on all of the PC’s I tried so far. Here is the configuration of my networks:

LAN (Home Network):

Cable Modem: Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS3.0 on Comcast Cable upload speed 5.5Mbps /connected to:

Router: ASUS RT-56U Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374_5656 /connected to:

ZyXEL: Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS1910-24 /connected to Media-Server, Data-Server and all other Desktops and Xbox, Samsung TV etc.

LAN Systems:

Media Server: AMD A6-5400K, 8GB DDR3-2400, Citeon InfitiTV 4 PCIe – Windows 8.1 Pro with MediaCenter, MediaBrowser 3.0.5271.29451, ServerWMC 1.0.0.34

Data Server: AMD A6-5400K, 16GB DDR3-1866, 7.3TB Storage – Windows Server 2012 Essentials

Desktop 1: AMD A8-6600K , 8GB DDR3-2400 – Windows 8.1 Pro, IE11 and Firefox 30.0, MediaBrowser Windows 8 App

Desktop 2: AMD A6-5400K , 8GB DDR3-1866 – Windows 8.1 Pro, IE11 and Firefox 30.0

WAN (Work Network):

Cable Modem: Motorola SB6120 DOCSIS3.0 on Comcast Cable Business upload speed 7.5Mbps down 24Mbps /connected to:

Router: ASUS RT-56U Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374_5656 /connected to:

HP ProCurve Gbit Switch

WAN Systems:

Desktop 1: AMD A10-7850K , 8GB DDR3-2400 – Windows 8.1 Pro, IE11 and Firefox 30.0, MediaBrowser Windows 8 App

Desktop 2: AMD A8-6600K , 8GB DDR3-2400 – Windows 8.1 Pro, IE11 and Firefox 30.0

Windows Phone: Lumia 1520 WP8.1 IE11 - WiFi Connected - (Works)

All computer use the latest AMD drivers v14.4.

Is there any other device that needs tweeking like firewalls, virus protection, browser addons, AMD Catalyst etc?

Edited by Mutzli

krustyreturns

All of the machines drop the stream including the LAN desktops?

If so, why not experiment on one of the desktops and download xbmc (gotham) and try a live stream?  If it doesn't drop then I think it is something wrong with mbs.

Edited by krustyreturns

• 1 month later...
dwhiting

Has this ever been resolved.  I'm having the same issues, but only in IE.  Ive tried on 3 different PCs using IE9, IE10, and modern IE in Windows 8.1.  All of them play for about .5 second and then the video screen just closes.  Sometimes when hitting play, it doesn't even start and just gives the error "There was an error playing the video.  Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble." 

It works perfect using Google Chrome on all 3 PCs but I would love to get this working in the modern IE in Windows 8.1.

Any more suggestions?

dwhiting

Awesome, I don't mind using it in Chrome on my desktop but on my touchscreen laptop with windows 8 it will be awesome to be able to use the modern IE.