FR - Server: Add New Series...

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

The server should be able to add a New Series (television) within a watched directory specified. Doing so would create a Series folder, the series.xml and a Season 01 folder. All three of which are required for the system to actually fetch Metadata for a series. This would allow Auto-Organize to work better as well.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

+1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ginjaninja

+1, MB seems quite comfortable with just folders and no content,

Edited by ginjaninja

• 2 weeks later...

+1, MB seems quite comfortable with just folders and no content,

Only if you also have a season folder or series.xml.  Otherwise things don't go so well, so we need to be sure it gets created as a recognizable Series if we do this.

sfnetwork

I guess it depends on what you use for TV show download manager...

I use SickBeard and I let it create the TV show folder structure and episode renaming (along with SABNZBD that places the TV category items in the SB monitored folder so it can move it, etc... after). MB (or any other metadata manager) does the rest (metadata and images) based on the folders and files that are perfectly named already. 

***And SB does metadata if wanted on top of this but I don,t use it personally...

I really prefer SB doing it since it's really the only one who knows exactly what is the show, instead of letting MBS "guessing" based on name or whatever...

I have nothing against this feature but I feel it won't be that reliable...

After writing all this, I realized I might have misunderstood the request... if so, so sorry...

Koleckai Silvestri

I am using the auto-organize tool in Media Browser. It will not move items to a series folder until it has been identified as a proper series by Media Browser. Even if you try to manually move them with the tool, it will fail.