"Force close player on stop button" does not work

politby

politby

I have set up MPC-HC and TMT6 as external players with "Force close player on stop button" enabled.

But both players stay active in the foreground after I press "Stop".

Should this be working?

Thx

you should always configure the player to close on stop when possible, which is possible with mpc. our force close won't always work.

KPH123

I had a problem with MPC-HC and TMT closing properly via remote since MB2 (also MB Classic).  After watching a movie or tv show, I routinely had to end the TMT or MPC-HC process in task manager (using a mini-keyboard remote) or new shows would not launch via Media Browser even after I closed the applications (ISOs especially).  I researched the issue several times to make sure my settings were correct, but for whatever reasons, I could not get either TMT or MPC-HC to close properly on a consistent basis using my harmony remote. 

Fortunately, MPC-HC closes properly when I use MBT (I am using the internal MPC-HC settings to close it as Luke advised), although I've had issues at times with some of the remote commands not working (prev/back button) after I return to MBT.   

• 4 months later...
bret1958

I am having this issue earlier version of mb3 had a configure player option this has been removed.. Now on a new install MPC_HC 64 will not exit with a remote.. this is extreamly flustrating as this has been a great way to use MPC_HC since the old days. Why the change? Will it be fixed or am I missing something.

90 days ago when i installed MPC_HC on a new build the option was their and every thing worked perfect.

Now after Upgrading to some heavier hardware I am stuck with a build of MB3 that will not configure MPC-HC 64 to exit on stop.

any help would be apriciated

bret1958

I am having this issue earlier version of mb3 had a configure player option this has been removed.. Now on a new install MPC_HC 64 will not exit with a remote.. this is extreamly flustrating as this has been a great way to use MPC_HC since the old days. Why the change? Will it be fixed or am I missing something.

90 days ago when i installed MPC_HC on a new build the option was their and every thing worked perfect.

Now after Upgrading to some heavier hardware I am stuck with a build of MB3 that will not configure MPC-HC 64 to exit on stop.

any help would be apriciated

Looks like I posted this in worng forum I would just switch to MBtheater but to alpha.. for me..

The automatic configuration option was removed because it no longer worked with newer versions of MPC-HC.

However, the option to which you are referring was never something set by that capability.  It is a command line option when starting the player.  Make sure your command line has '/close' on it in the external player setup.