Recently added movies not shown

Tranquil

jriker1

Have you tried hitting the "Identify" button in the metadata manger?

If I do that and search for "Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)" as is in TMDBID nothing is returned.  If I search with an "and" instead of "&" nothing is returned.  If I take the year off the end it finds it.  My naming is the same for this as every other movie.  What gives?  Go to TMDBID, search for the movie, select the title from the top including year.  I tried adding the full name plus year in one of the alternative titles but doesn't find it.

JR

i don't know. we are sending the title as is through the Tmdb api. and it is returning no results.

http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={apikey}&query=Mr.+Peabody+%26+Sherman+(2014)&language=en

Perhaps you can contribute by reporting this example on Tmdb forums? I suspect their website is performing some undocumented cleaning of the string before feeding it into the search engine, which i don't really like because then it means everyone else who uses the api has to do it too.

As far as I know, Identify never works when the year is included in the title unless the year is actually part of the title (2001 A Space Odyssey, etc.). I've always had to remove the year when using the Identify button.

I just tried the same movie in a folder titled "Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2014)" and it pulled the metadata no problem. The query string was:

http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={apikey}&query=Mr.Peabody.and.Sherman&language=en 

ampersand doesn't matter:

http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={apikey}&query=Mr.+Peabody+%26+Sherman&language=en

Year is an optional parameter that can be passed but must be a separate parameter.

jriker1

Luke, glad to assist in that capacity.  Stay tuned.

BigJohn.  I'm OK with removing the year and trying, however EVERY movie I have (hundreds), has the year after it.  This is the first one that fails in that regard.  I always get the name based on the top of the movies page on their website after a search.  This is no different but for some reason is acting different.

JR

Luke, glad to assist in that capacity.  Stay tuned.

BigJohn.  I'm OK with removing the year and trying, however EVERY movie I have (hundreds), has the year after it.  This is the first one that fails in that regard.  I always get the name based on the top of the movies page on their website after a search.  This is no different but for some reason is acting different.

JR

He was just talking about removing the year when you manually search in the identify form.  Having the year on the file/folder name is a good practice as long as it is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
jriker1

For reference, no one responds to anything in that projects forum with about 8 total posts since it's inception.  Also I had this happen again and think I know the cause.  The movie in issue this time is "48 Hrs. (1982)".  Does anyone see the tie here?  Won't make you review the thread.  Looks like any movie that has a period in it, fails to retrieve.  Is that possible?  Is that something on MB side or TMDb?

EDIT:  Though why removing the hear in parens in these cases helps is another story.  Didn't try it with 48 Hrs. but worked with Mr. Peabody.

JR

Edited by jriker1