DLNA Pull - Sorting

Fieperskaivu

Fieperskaivu

I'm using a Samsung UN40F6300 to DLNA Pull from Media Browser. It works great, the only issue is that for TV show episodes, they're all sorted alphabetically instead of by episode number. It's like this for all of my shows. Is there a server side way of sorting the media that I can't find? From the client side I don't have any options. I found the DLNA custom profiles on the server and set one up for Samsung Smart TVs, but I can't find any settings to adjust sorting.

On media browser web client and all other clients I've tried (Roku, Android, iOS Windows 8) it shows them in the correct order and with options to sort. I know the DLNA feature is new so maybe this just hasn't been put in yet, but does anyone know?

Thanks!

i'll look at it for the next server release but please post the xml profile you created. we already have one for samsung so i'm curious to see what you did different.

Fieperskaivu

Ah ok, thanks for the quick response and great work, I use Media Browser almost exclusively (more and more so as it gains features than can replace other software I use!). Yea I set it up using the default Samsung Smart TV profile and just made some changes using the server admin (default user, which supported media types etc). Did you still want that? If so where is the default save location?

Fieperskaivu

@@CBers I've read a bit about it, haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Planning on checking it out when I have some time.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Quiffster

HI guys,

any news on the episode sort order settings?  I can see that MB3 reads metadata to sort episodes in a series by name - so it shouldn't be that difficult to offer to sort by episode number?

MB3 has come on so far now, that its almost replaced Serviio on my server for DLNA - except for these last few minor issues (also - Serviio handles small screen devices menu's in DLNA very well - i.e.. selecting artists and albums on my Pure Avanti music player - by letter of the alphabet first - then by artist).

Any update welcome.

Thanks

Steve.

sorting for episodes within dlna is identical to the rest of the server. i don't think there's a dlna-specific issue here.

• 3 weeks later...
Quiffster

sorting for episodes within dlna is identical to the rest of the server. i don't think there's a dlna-specific issue here.

Maybe its somewhere in the presentation then?

My Android app displays as Library>TV Shows>Show>Season>Episode where the episodes are sorted (or shown) thus: "1. Ep 1 title", "2. Ep2 title", "3. Ep3 title" and so on, where Epx title is the proper season title.

My Web interface shows: Shows>Show>Season> Episodes, sorted as thus: "S8,E1 - Ep1 Title", "S8,E2 - Ep2 Title", "S8,E3 - Ep3 Title" and so on, where S8 is the season number.

On my Samsung TV over DLNA - each episode in a season is shown as "Ep1 Title", "Ep2 Title", Ep3 Title" etc - which when shown by the TV DLNA client gets sorted alphabetically.  This alphabetical sorting is the issue.

I'm not sure if other DLNA clients can use the metadata to sort the episodes, but the Samsung TV doesn't offer any sorting options - so you just get the default - which is alphabetical.