some movies not available until restart

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

I've noticed that sometimes I can put a movie into my library, rescan, then check the Latest view and see the movie, but if I click Edit it won't show up in the list on the left. The details show up, the movie's been properly identified, it just doesn't show up in the list. If I go into MBC it doesn't show up in the unwatched or the library. The only thing that seems to solve the problem is restarting MB server.

Anyone else noticed this behavior before?

newfiend

Yep, happened to me just the other day. A reboot of the server fixed it for me as well.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Sounds like your library scan is failing for some reason but hard to tell without a log of the specific incident.

fraenhawk

Is the log screen supposed to work through the browser when not remoted into the server?

53761efe515b6_BlankLog.jpg

fraenhawk

I just read the tutorial on getting the full logs, the problem is that you have to restart the server and then reproduce the problem. My problem gets cleared up on restart. So I need to keep debug logging on all the time until I can make it happen or is there something useful I can look for without debug logging being turned on. I can say that the task does not error out on the task screen. I've seen what that looks like in the past.

fraenhawk

Okay, thanks. I might try that and see if I can reproduce the problem (since it doesn't happen every time).

I've had the same problem before, with new movies added and with new episodes added to an existing tv series. It also cleared up for me with a restart of the server. I'll keep an eye out for it and grab logs if it happens again.

• 5 weeks later...
fraenhawk

I've finally had it happen again with logging turned on. It was a TV show, not a movie. My son noticed it showed up in the "unwatched" tab on MBC, but when he went to the show for season 2 it said "18 items (1 new)" but when he looked through the list there were no new. I went to another HTPC on my profile and it said "18 items (19 new)" which of course shouldn't be possible. The main count is reflecting the fact that it doesn't include the missing episode, yet the "new" count is including it.

Here's a link to the logs for that time: https://app.box.com/s/bp2gndxsxkakjjfxf48j

Here's a screenshot of what the web metadata editor looks like when in this situation. I got here by going to the "latest" section, finding the episode and then clicking edit. The master list doesn't know about it but the latest does...

539edaf0e8e5d_TMNTbug.jpg

fraenhawk

Oh, and since it's a minor nuisance this time, I haven't restarted the server yet in case you want me to try anything first.