leedavies

Make sure MB Classic is set to beta-level updates and you'll get this update:

• EHS navigation improved - faster and smoother
  • Coverflow navigation on small collections fixed
  • Scrolling smoother generally
  • User switching added
  • Exit confirmation removed

teekyoo

There still appears to be navigation issues within the collections.  Before they were completely random.  Now, they seem to follow a pattern, but are equally baffling...I can scroll one movie at a time, or skip ahead a screen.  If I press a letter on my remote, instead of taking me to that letter (the letter does show up in the lower right corner of the screen), it takes me back toward the beginning of my collection.  Each time I try to move more than one movie at a time, it takes me further backward until I reach the first movie of the collection.  After I get to this point, I can only advance by scrolling one movie at a time.  Any action I take to try to skip ahead further (either by hitting the page-ahead button or a skip-to letter) takes me back to the first movie of the collection every time.

GrotShot

Lee,

Last item on your list is "Exit Confirmation Removed" - I now can't exit out of MBC at all while using the ROC theme.

mariors44

1.still same old navigation problems with coverflow screen freeze and jerky

2.try to enter recently added movies gives invalid app crash.

Lee each time you do an update to this theme things get worse then better. Pick one of your themes and fix all the bugs please. I bought two out of the four and can't use either one and from reading posts

all of your themes have problems, I'm Just frustrated I Really like Roc.

I have no problems with Chocolate, I would just would like to use something better looking. 

Yogi

Lee each time you do an update to this theme things get worse then better. Pick one of your themes and fix all the bugs please. I bought two out of the four and can't use either one and from reading posts

Yep same here with the recently added items and coverflow is still jerky and non responsive.

mgarman

Hi all,

Adding to the above....

EHS full navigation through selections does not go back to the beginning.  

Coverflow navigation starts ok and then becomes erratic and jerky.

Single Season TV shows with no season poster are inaccessible.

Jimmy

Yep same here with the recently added items and coverflow is still jerky and non responsive.

Same here :(

Edited by Jimmy

goller

There still appears to be navigation issues within the collections.  Before they were completely random.  Now, they seem to follow a pattern, but are equally baffling...I can scroll one movie at a time, or skip ahead a screen.  If I press a letter on my remote, instead of taking me to that letter (the letter does show up in the lower right corner of the screen), it takes me back toward the beginning of my collection.  Each time I try to move more than one movie at a time, it takes me further backward until I reach the first movie of the collection.  After I get to this point, I can only advance by scrolling one movie at a time.  Any action I take to try to skip ahead further (either by hitting the page-ahead button or a skip-to letter) takes me back to the first movie of the collection every time.

Same behaviour here.

jespermart

Lee,

Last item on your list is "Exit Confirmation Removed" - I now can't exit out of MBC at all while using the ROC theme.

I can' t exit out of MBC either

leedavies

I have no problems with Chocolate, I would just would like to use something better looking. 

THIS IS A BETA RELEASE.  Specifically to get feedback from some of you early adopters.  If you're not comfortable trying pre-release beta level code, don't install it.

amadeo36

Latest updates, beta or not, have same problems. I have purchased Roc (Now unusable for me) an Aztec, that I can use only in certain views.

First releases of both themes worked fine to me.

Now I'm affraid each time I see an update.....

• Like 3

mariors44

THIS IS A BETA RELEASE.  Specifically to get feedback from some of you early adopters.  If you're not comfortable trying pre-release beta level code, don't install it.

Lee, I know what beta is. Most people release a beta from a good working and stable product. I bought this theme within the first month of release  and I'm Frustrated That I haven't been able to use this theme

for the last three to four months because beta releases have made things worse not better... 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

• Like 3

Yogi

Lee, I know what beta is. Most people release a beta from a good working and stable product. I bought this theme within the first month of release  and I'm Frustrated That I haven't been able to use this theme

for the last three to four months because beta releases have made things worse not better... 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Ditto

LiquidFX

We have paid for your themes because we enjoy and appreciate your hard work that it took to make them, with that being said we also paid for something that we could actually use. Like many others I have had to move to other themes just so I can actually browse my media. Knowing that it is beta I do expect some bugs from time to time but the amount of bugs that have went uncorrected recently is just not what I paid for or expect from your past work.

• Like 2

amadeo36

We have paid for your themes because we enjoy and appreciate your hard work that it took to make them, with that being said we also paid for something that we could actually use. Like many others I have had to move to other themes just so I can actually browse my media. Knowing that it is beta I do expect some bugs from time to time but the amount of bugs that have went uncorrected recently is just not what I paid for or expect from your past work.

I agree.

At this moment, we have paid for nothing.

• Like 1

jordy

Lee, when you release a new Beta version, from your release notes it seems like its working very well, smooth, fast & stable etc. Perhaps this has something to do with the capacity/speed of your own test system. If you provide details of the system on which your builds and testing are made,it might expose the reason for the many failures reported by your users.

• Like 2

fusrodah26

Agree as well. I was very happy with the first version of ROC that I had installed, which at this point was 3 or 4 updates ago. In paying for the theme, I was hoping for and expecting, at the very least, a usable browser theme that looked nice. I have had to switch to a default because using the thumbnail view on ROC was causing Classic to freeze every time I tried scrolling. I understand it's a work continually in progress, but it's getting worse with each update.

jespermart

as with all Lee's themes it's the first or second release that are working best. From there on it goes downwards and it has been the case with all Lee's themes. I have bought them all, so i know.

So to implement the old plugin model where you could choose which build to install, would be ideal.

All 4 themes from Lee was for me useable at one point, but now I can only use one of Lee's themes and that's Breeze

Edited by jespermart

I don't know what the "first or second" release was.  Can you please give me an actual version number?

jespermart

I don't know what the "first or second" release was.  Can you please give me an actual version number?

I can't remember the version numbers

mariors44

version 1.2.2 is the most stable. But it does have some navigation issues using different views, ( thumb and coverflow). At least for me.

teekyoo

version 1.2.2 is the most stable. But it does have some navigation issues using different views, ( thumb and coverflow). At least for me.

I think you can still get to 1.22 by using the Release level update instead of Beta.  I feel like the jerkiness and navigation issues started after 1.20.  I can't remember the specific number either, but I think 1.19 or 1.18 were both pretty stable...Once the issues started there seemed to be several quick updates to try to correct them.  So, it's hard to remember the specific number.

I think you can still get to 1.22 by using the Release level update instead of Beta.  I feel like the jerkiness and navigation issues started after 1.20.  I can't remember the specific number either, but I think 1.19 or 1.18 were both pretty stable...Once the issues started there seemed to be several quick updates to try to correct them.  So, it's hard to remember the specific number.

Yep - that was the point of me asking the question.  If you set your plug-in update level to "Release" you will get that version of ROC.  That is how the system is supposed to work.

Version numbers are displayed on the plug-in page in configuration on MBC.

teekyoo

I wasn't sure what the update numbers were as we went along.  It looks like a lot of the navigation issues came about once it updated to 1.2.0:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5669-roc-v1200-now-live/

In trying to look back through prior threads, it appears the version before this was 1.1.1.  People were asking for a general update since there hadn't been one in a while, we got 1.2.0 and things went downhill from there.  There are a couple people in the 1.1.1 thread who note that the collection scrolling was jerky in this newer version, but I don't see anyone talking about the navigation issues.  So, 1.1.0 may be the most stable prior version:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5592-roc-v10110-now-live/

The dates seem to line up with comments in the general ROC thread, but there aren't a lot of version numbers included in those comments, so it's hard to tell for sure.

• Like 1