Calling up profiles with the dlna server

Ghostm

Ghostm

My only remaining issue is with the dlna server, i created a profile for my avr so it can play flac music. When i use "Play to" over dlna it calls up the profile in the log and plays to the avr fine in flac.

When i try to play a flac file through the server, it insists on transcoding it to mp3, it seems like its using the default profile. Can anyone help me understand what this means or what im doing wrong?

It continues to insist on transcoding my flac files to mp3 when playing through the server.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

If it helps here is my entry on upnp database

http://www.upnp-database.info/device.jsp?deviceId=760

and my xml profile....

http://pastebin.com/4AArYywr

And again using "Play to" calls up the profile fine, its just the server that insists on using  the default profile. 

Here is the server log entry showing it wont use my profile.

2014-05-20 22:41:55.4396 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0.

And here is "Play to" which uses the profile fine

2014-05-13 18:07:08.4077 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP POST http://localhost:809...Command=PlayNow
2014-05-13 18:07:08.4257 Debug - Dlna: SURROUND SOUND - Received PlayRequest: PlayNow
2014-05-13 18:07:08.4947 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: SURROUND SOUND
2014-05-13 18:07:08.5277 Debug - Dlna: SURROUND SOUND - Playlist created
2014-05-13 18:07:08.5297 Debug - Dlna: SURROUND SOUND - Playing 1 items
2014-05-13 18:07:08.5297 Debug - Dlna: SURROUND SOUND - SetAvTransport Uri: http://192.168.1.73:...ue;;;;;;;;;;;0; DlnaHeaders: DLNA.ORG_PN=FLAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000000000000
Edited by Ghostm

Happy2Play

You could try adding this into the top of <Identification> section.  You can open foobar2000 profile for example.

<Headers>
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-" match="Substring" />
   </Headers>

Edited by Happy2Play

Ghostm

You could try adding this into the top of <Identification> section.  You can open foobar2000 profile for example.

<Headers>

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-" match="Substring" />

</Headers>

Thanks for the reply, i gave that a go but it still did not seem to call up the proper profile, im really at a loss here and its especially perplexing when "play to" uses my profile fine.

They have to use different detection mechanisms, that's why. Happy2Play is on the right track, but the value may need to be adjusted.

Ghostm

Hmm interesting, this is getting a bit over my head. 

How would one find the value?

Sometimes it throws out this user agent User-agent: WinampMPEG/2.8.

I tried using both and made this my current xml as well but it also did not work. 

http://pastebin.com/Rm6g4mEk

Here is the full log as well when i try to play something

http://pastebin.com/vt27msp6

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Found this on plex forum for their yamaha profile.

Programming note:

• During playback, the receiver reports a user agent of "WinampMPEG/2.8" and during browsing "KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0". I believe the KnOS user-agent is also reported by Denon, so Device Description is used to identify the unit.

And if it helps this was the profile they posted for a very similar yamaha model

http://pastebin.com/MnfnEj9x

I simply entered device type/device description in mb3 dlna gui page as 

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1

which is what was listed in the upnp device compatibility database link i added above. I dont know if that belongs their or not, but it still did not work. In my xml the line looks like this 

<DeviceDescription>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</DeviceDescription>,

upnp database page i linked to calls this  

<deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</deviceType>

while the plex profile is presented like this calling it device description and type.

<DeviceDescription type="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1"> 

Edited by Ghostm

Happy2Play

I am no expert at this, the profiles I have modified are all trial and error.  You have an extra period at the end ("KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0.") same with ("WinampMPEG/2.8.").  You could also try removing some of the extra identification tags.

1.   <Identification>

2.     <Headers>

3.       <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0" match="Substring" />

4.      </Headers>

5.     <FriendlyName>SURROUND SOUND</FriendlyName>

6.   </Identification>

Ghostm

YES, finally its working, incase anyone with a yamaha avr reads this, this was the headers I used. I had also noticed another header line at the end right above identification, im not sure if mb3 gui put it their or i did, but after removing that it also seemed to work, it looked like this.

<Headers />

Thanks happy2play for the suggestions they were very helpful.

<Headers>
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0" match="Substring" />
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="WinampMPEG/2.8" match="Substring" />
    </Headers>

Now all i need is for instant mix/shuffle to be added to the dlna server to play random songs and I can completely get rid of media monkey and make mb3 my only dlna server (and media server software in general).

Well done. Once you've got the changes perfected, either submit a pull request or just post the updated file here. Thanks.

Ghostm

Will do, will do more rigorous testing to make sure nothings wrong then I will upload it. Im assuming before i upload it i should remove any entries specific to my own avr?

yes please. make sure to verify it functions without your model/serial # in there.

Smaky

How did you find about the headers? I´m having a similar issue with a custom profile for PowerDVD. It Plays To fine now, but accessing the same files from the Media Server would not work. I think it is not using the custom profile I created.

Where can I get the headers info from, and where should I add it to the profile?

Edited by Smaky

Happy2Play

You will need to look through your log for "Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

• Like 1

Smaky

Thanks,

This is what I got:

Line 117: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.6209 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 119: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.6209 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 Sonos/26.1-76230 (ZPS5). 
Line 133: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.7849 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 141: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.8730 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 149: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.9540 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 225: 2014-06-10 17:32:30.7800 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: HerculesC. 
Line 1322: 2014-06-10 17:32:51.0342 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: HerculesC. 

From here, I recognized The ZPS5 which is my Sonos Play 5. The others... not sure.

I have a couple of Samsung TVs in my network. How can I tell which is the one being used by PowerDVD while browsing and playing from Media Browser Server?

Edited by Smaky

Ghostm

@@Luke here is my xml with no serial number or model number or references to my  avr.

Its working for me streaming flac without transcoding as well as other audio formats (Mp3, wav, ect..). Mine is a 2012 yamaha model so i cant verify if anything changed in the new yamaha models.

Yamaha AVR.xml

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Thanks,

This is what I got:

Line 117: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.6209 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 119: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.6209 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 Sonos/26.1-76230 (ZPS5). 
Line 133: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.7849 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 141: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.8730 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 149: 2014-06-10 17:32:29.9540 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50. 
Line 225: 2014-06-10 17:32:30.7800 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: HerculesC. 
Line 1322: 2014-06-10 17:32:51.0342 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: HerculesC. 

From here, I recognized The ZPS5 which is my Sonos Play 5. The others... not sure.

I have a couple of Samsung TVs in my network. How can I tell which is the one being used by PowerDVD while browsing and playing from Media Browser Server?

Happy probably knows better then me but you can look at mine above for refrence, i would try under identification

<Headers>

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="Linux UPnP/1.0 Sonos/26.1-76230 (ZPS5)" match="Substring" />
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, Aggregation, Twonky, 7.2.6-2G, Linux 3.2.26; armv7l) DLNADOC/1.50" match="Substring" />
    </Headers>

Thats all i did for mine, so its all i can really suggest.

• 1 month later...
Ghostm

Just thought i would update this if it helps anyone, my profile stopped working after the last update, if your logs are not showing your profile being called up here is what I did, turn on debug (I turned it on under play to but it seemed to work for dlna server as well) then look in the log when its not finding device profiles take notice what its saying. Mine for instance was saying 

2014-07-31 18:36:14.4562 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. 
2014-07-31 18:36:14.4602 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Control request
Headers: Host=192.168.1.73:8096, SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#GetSearchCapabilities", USER-AGENT=KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0, CONNECTION=close, CONTENT-TYPE=text/xml ; charset="utf-8", Content-Length=291

These go in the Http headers in your profile mine for instance was Name (USER-AGENT), Value (KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0) and then select substring. 

My previous profile had stopped working because in the previous version User-Agent was presented as one upper case U and then lower case, and one uppercase A and then lower case. After the latest beta User-Agent was now presented in the log as USER-AGENT all caps. DLNA seems incredibly touchy and very sensitive so make sure everything is exact.

Hopefully now the dlna stuff as far as how it works wont need to be altered by the devs again, i do hope for an additional feature (instant mix for music in the dlna server) and to get more profiles working (currently my 360 cant see the dlna server for mb3) but hopefully the devs wont have to change the nuts and bolts for whatever reason because it does seem incredibly touchy and everything can break very easily. 
Edited by Ghostm

Since you and happy2play have been working on these, perhaps you guys can work on a guide to building profiles. 

i would love to write one up but i just can't find the time.

and yes, touch feely. fixing one device can break another.  ultimately it's more helpful if people can roll up their sleeves and try to find the problem. if us devs don't have the devices on hand to test with, it's going to be hard to help.

• Like 2

Ghostm

I can definitely help, admittidely happy2play likely knows more then me as he really helped me build mine, but i could write out what i did to get mine working. 

• Like 2

Ghostm

I also got play to working for flac, in my log to use the profile i had to have everything completely exact shown in the log right when you play to a device. For instance my log was showing the following.

2014-07-31 21:27:25.0386 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
DeviceDescription:
FriendlyName:SURROUND SOUND
Manufacturer:YAMAHA CORPORATION
ManufacturerUrl:http://www.yamaha.com/
ModelDescription:AV Receiver
ModelName:HTR-7065
ModelNumber:7065
SerialNumber:0F566DE3

I had some additional stuff present filled in under device description, as soon as everything was exact it called up the profile for play to.