Question about library browsing

kingy444

kingy444

It appears with the latest release that everything has been merged to TV and Movies categories and you can no longer browse by the library folder structure that was previously possible.

I prefer to browse by my library structure as I have them sectioned off intentionally. Kids, new movies, old movies, TV etc

Can this be turned back on ?

Good day,

If I understand the issue correctly, then you can customize that within the:

5393b87a2ab80_mediab3abo1675.jpg

Just uncheck the items of your library to the one you want to not include with the view, like Movies, TV ... etc.

My best

• Like 1

kingy444

Unticking them makes them appear as their own item by now they won't also display under the movies collection

I liked being able to browse straight to a movie folder I had set up when knowing what I want to watch but then having a master collection with everything in it when I didn't

Would it be possible to add a another section under preferences for this. So keep the current section and group all content under that as is being done already. Then add another section below that for 'Display Library Folder' and when you tick a folder under that it will display in the main screen and still be merged into the Movies category.

Would be my preference to leave them displayed as a default and give people the option to turn it off rather than an option to turn it on. (I don't like forcing a different display on people)

This way you can still view content as you have added it to your library and have a master content view containing all movies and all TV

What's your thoughts .a

kingy444

haha. Sounds Fair to me lol

Did you have any particular profiles in mind ?

I have:

1. F8000 series samsung smart TV
  2. WDTV and XboxOne but these both seem to be working well.
  3. Sony Bravia TV's x2. I can look at these as I havent heard of anyone else doing so. Though my theory was to wait till the PS3 issues were resolved and see what could be ported to thes devices
  4. I also have a PS3 and Xbox360 so I can debug these. How far along are you with those ?
  5. Phillips Home AVR system that is DLNA compatable. (This may already work I havent tested as I never use it)

I will just follow the standard information you posted here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6857-most-devices-cant-see-dlna-server/

Is there anything further we can do other than compare logs and fiddler results ?

If we play with the config xml files (located in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\) will this help or are the issues coding related ?

One last question. Can't find the forum post but somewhere here someone requested that we add the current DLNA profile to the display under 'Active Devices' That way for people who arent comfortable debugging and searching through logs they can quickly see which profile is causing issues (Device may be recognized incorrectly ?)

Actually just noticed that when I am using DLNA Pull the server dashboard doesnt show the content that is currently being played on the device at all. Are you aware of this ?