Multiple Formats of a Movie

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

First of all I have looked for this but could not find it. I thought I have seen how to do this in the past on here but I might be mistaken.

I would like to have two version of a move together. For example the theatrical and directors cut. Is this possible?

• 8 months later...
mattyes37

I am also looking for the most supported official way to do this. The link above doesn't have any mention of different versions (only different resolutions). For now I will proceed to organise them in different folders,

American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version\American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version.mkv

American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut\American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut.mkv

Hopefully a feature will be added that can group the similar movie titles and show them under one entity in media browser. Where can I request this feature?

saitoh183

I am also looking for the most supported official way to do this. The link above doesn't have any mention of different versions (only different resolutions). For now I will proceed to organise them in different folders,

American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version\American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version.mkv

American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut\American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut.mkv

Hopefully a feature will be added that can group the similar movie titles and show them under one entity in media browser. Where can I request this feature?

Create a custom Collection

Happy2Play

They group just fine the issue is there is no way to select between the two when grouped just like resolutions.

Single entity

American Gangster (2007)\American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version.mkv

American Gangster (2007)\American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut.mkv

saitoh183

They group just fine the issue is there is no way to select between the two when grouped just like resolutions.

Single entity

American Gangster (2007)\American Gangster (2007) - Theatrical Version.mkv

American Gangster (2007)\American Gangster (2007) - Directors Cut.mkv

I have Monsters Inc 3d and normal and they come out a separate entities

\Movies\Monsters University (2013)\Monsters University (2013).mkv

\Movies\Monsters University (2013)\Monsters University 3D (2013).mkv

I see them as 2 movies in all my clients (Kodi,webclient,Win8.1 app and Roku)

54efb83dee788_collection1.jpg

Happy2Play

With that naming convention yes.  With my example it combines both movies in one entry (as OP is requesting) but they are currently not selectable.

54efc046b2699_Versions.png

54efc05ae4b62_Combine.png

Deathsquirrel

Each movie needs to go in its own folder.  Use brackets around the identifier tags.  For example

\Movies\HD\Donnie Darko (2001) [Director's Cut]\Donnie Darko (2001) [Director's Cut].mp4

\Movies\HD\Donnie Darko (2001) [Theatrical]\Donnie Darko (2001) [Theatrical].mp4

They'll then likely get identified as two copies of the same movie since generally there isn't unique data for each film in TMDB.  Manually edit the labelling and other metadata as you wish. Certainly give them different posters.  Lastly create a collection for the two films so they only take up one slot in your movie list.

saitoh183

Each movie needs to go in its own folder.  Use brackets around the identifier tags.  For example

\Movies\HD\Donnie Darko (2001) [Director's Cut]\Donnie Darko (2001) [Director's Cut].mp4

\Movies\HD\Donnie Darko (2001) [Theatrical]\Donnie Darko (2001) [Theatrical].mp4

They'll then likely get identified as two copies of the same movie since generally there isn't unique data for each film in TMDB.  Manually edit the labelling and other metadata as you wish. Certainly give them different posters.  Lastly create a collection for the two films so they only take up one slot in your movie list.

I have them as shown in my previous post and they show up as different movies but they are both located in the same folder. TMDB found them both but didnt put them under 1 movie

Deathsquirrel

I have them as shown in my previous post and they show up as different movies but they are both located in the same folder. TMDB found them both but didnt put them under 1 movie

What I posted works perfectly for me.  You're welcome to try alternatives of course.

saitoh183

What I posted works perfectly for me.  You're welcome to try alternatives of course.

Yes there are multiple approaches to this situations

• 2 months later...
pr3dict

I see this issue comes up a lot. Can we have a vote on prioritizing this into a release? This feature of being able to choose which version to play (directors cut/vs normal... OR 3d vs not 3d....  OR 720p vs 1080p) would be AMAZING. IT solves so many issues and would bring a lot of options to the user in terms of structuring their library. Also, it would clean up our views so we dont have to have a bunch of collections running around for movies that are not "box sets" so to speak...

Please! I would vote highly for this feature to be introduced over much of the other stuff that has been released recently

Deathsquirrel

If you want this looked at as a feature request I suggest making a post on the feature request forum.