Chromecast and Blue Spinning Circle

arche

arche

Well I decided to purchase two more licenses for my tablet and other Samsung S4. I thought Chromecast worked, but guess there is still a bug. I have tried on the following devices:

2 different Samsung S4 SCH-I545 (4.4.2 OS)

1 Samsung Tablet SM-P600 (4.4.2 OS)

All devices can play on the device itself without a problem (aside from subtitles for some reason, .srt files), but when trying to cast to Chromecast all I get is a blue spinning circle. I have adjusted the playback speed for all three devices and tried both locally and remotely and on all three different Chromecast devices. All with the same result, I can browse the library and see the MediaBrowser screen on Chromecast saying ready to cast.

I know I am not going to get a fix answer as I am not providing logs yet, but wanted to make sure I was looking in the right place and if there is a specific software I should use to grab the logs from the Samsung devices. Sorry for reposting this as I didn't want to Hijack anyone elses thread.

Please let me know what I need to provide to help fix this issue for the next release hopefully.

Thanks

Redshirt

The device itself shouldn't be an issue when casting to a CC. it's just a url being passed to the CC and then the server is communicating directly with the CC at that point. Server, transcode and client logs would help. I'd delete all the logs on the device first so your working with a clean log. Logs are located in \Sdcard\MB3AndroidData\Logs.

Edited by Redshirt

arche

Will do, will get that information up in a few hours.

Also is there any settings on the app that should be set for chromecast or are the defaults good enough?

Thanks again.

Tranquil

I had the same problem.

Is the MB Server and the ChromeCast located within the same network?

If not, please add the public IP or dyndns into the field of the local MB Server address of your app. This should then solve the problem.

The blue spinning circle is saying, that chromecast dongle is not able to connect to your MB3 Server.

Edited by Tranquil

Redshirt

@Luke 

I don't think it's the cause of the problem, but there is an exception being thrown, and handled, in that server log.

• 2 weeks later...

@@goetze

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3213086?hl=en

Make sure upnp is enabled and the router supports it.

Edit: Who is your ISP as well? Comcast is notorious at giving its user-base shoddy equipment which includes craptastically poor upnp multicast support.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Setting-up-Google-Chromecast/td-p/1923861

That should explain the frustration, and remove blame from Mediabrowser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

goetze

I had the same problem.

Is the MB Server and the ChromeCast located within the same network?

If not, please add the public IP or dyndns into the field of the local MB Server address of your app. This should then solve the problem.

The blue spinning circle is saying, that chromecast dongle is not able to connect to your MB3 Server.

I am having the same issue with Galaxy S 5, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Are there any logs/details I can share to help rectify this problem?

arche

@@goetze

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3213086?hl=en

Make sure upnp is enabled and the router supports it.

Edit: Who is your ISP as well? Comcast is notorious at giving its user-base shoddy equipment which includes craptastically poor upnp multicast support.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Setting-up-Google-Chromecast/td-p/1923861

That should explain the frustration, and remove blame from Mediabrowser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I have tried two different routers and multiple settings including your suggestion and still no luck. My issue is with Chromecast that I cannot use it remotely or locally, so Comcast has little to do with my local network. No sure what to do at this point, not getting any support to the issue except the same canned response of wait until the next release. Feel like I bought a car with no wheels, all I can do is look at it and hope someday it will work. Guess I am just frustrated, I know people are working on it but I guess I am just getting impatient.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I have tried two different routers and multiple settings including your suggestion and still no luck. My issue is with Chromecast that I cannot use it remotely or locally, so Comcast has little to do with my local network. No sure what to do at this point, not getting any support to the issue except the same canned response of wait until the next release. Feel like I bought a car with no wheels, all I can do is look at it and hope someday it will work. Guess I am just frustrated, I know people are working on it but I guess I am just getting impatient.

Thanks

are you able to use chromecast with youtube?

arche

@@Luke YouTube works fine through Chromecast. Just tested it on the S4 to Chromecast. Let me know if you need any kind of testing tonight. Have the time tonight to post fresh logs or what ever is needed.

Ok, sorry for your troubles. Yes if you don't mind fresh logs would be great. And also, if you could describe the issue. In other words, when does it get stuck? At connecting, trying to play something, etc. Thanks.

arche

No problem, let me start everything up and get some fresh logs started.

I can connect to the Chromecast in the MB app, I can browse the library, but when I click on play the movie shows on the phone and/or device and the screen just shows the blue spinning half circle. The device just shows the movie and the buttons for pause, volume and the bar to move the movie along. But never plays and the movie clock on the device never starts counting. I hope I explained this right. I will post new logs here in a few minutes.

arche

Had to send you a pm with the log info as it was to big to post. Its downloadable from one of my domains.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Just FYI, I tried to create logs from a Samsung Tab 2 and there is no option for Chromecast on that tablet, meaning the icon to choose the chromecast device is not there. Not sure if it is a Android issue or a app issue.

arche

Looks like this was my fault, I needed to specify the internal IP and not the external IP. Still have to work on getting it to work externally, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here. Thank you for all the help to everyone.

goetze

Looks like this was my fault, I needed to specify the internal IP and not the external IP. Still have to work on getting it to work externally, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here. Thank you for all the help to everyone.

TY nirvmedia, that was my issue as well.  Thank you everyone for the help and ideas.  I'm glad to finally have that fixed!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So if I am not on my local network (in my case I am at my office using a tablet and chromecast) the Chromecast function will not work, correct?  I just get the blue spinning circle....

Redshirt

I'm not entirely clear on how your even getting the Media Route icon to show up if your not on your local network. The client checks the local network for devices and adds them to the Media Route selector. That can't be done on cellular.

can you try it in the new server release using the chrome browser and let us know how that functions? that will give us some good comparison data between the two apps to see where the problem is. thanks.