MBS Media Folder Icons

Logos302

Logos302

The latest Beta 3.0.5287.19943 is not showing my predefined icons for Collections, TV, Movies,Music, and Channels.  Double check they are configured in the meta data section with my image as the primary.  Seems to just be those 5.  Adult,Photos,Anime, Games, and Books are all fine.  They appear to be using the default icons (that come with the server), I went so far as to delete them. They were marked as thumb.  If Server log is need I will upload it for you.    

*edit forgot this is in the web client, the other clients seem to be fine.  

Edited by Logos302

Happy2Play

I have noticed the same in the web client, and icons are showing properly on my Roku.

Noticed the folders seem to be looking for icons here now (\\HOME\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\xxxxxxxx)

Have one working in web client looking here (\\HOME\MediaBrowser-Server\root\default\xxxxxxx)

I mentioned this in the last release. These customizable views on the home screen are a new thing, and once we've completely figured them out then the other apps will be using them too. They are not the same thing as your media folders. (Yes, the metadata manager needs to make this more obvious).

If you want the layout to be based on your media folders, then click the edit pencil next to My Views on the home screen, uncheck all the boxes and click Save. Then once you get back on the home screen, you'll see the plain media folders. But if you choose to use the views, they're not the same thing, and, as of right now, they have their own images. Mapping them to media folders in order to share the same images is not as trivial as it sounds, unfortunately.

Danee

I've seen it too in the beta, and the library buttons (smaller colored ones with the icons) from the current release/beta track seem to be gone, too bad, will they be back as an option. On smaller screens these smaller buttons give a better experience in my opinion.

• Like 2

Logos302

Sorry I must be missing something @@Luke how does that explain why the media icon that I have chosen doesn't display.  Sorry if this is obvious, but I don't get it.  You go in the meta manager and select and icon shouldn't that icon show in the web client or any client for that matter?   Before the beta IE the release version it all worked as expected.  

Logos302

Well that's what i mean about how the metadata manager needs to make this easier, and it will. But for now, use the mouse overlay flyout and click the pencil edit button. the metadata manager is showing the raw media folders, not the virtual views.

ok I think I get it now.  :D

I've seen it too in the beta, and the library buttons (smaller colored ones with the icons) from the current release/beta track seem to be gone, too bad, will they be back as an option. On smaller screens these smaller buttons give a better experience in my opinion.

Yea, they can come back. 

• Like 3

Sorry I must be missing something @@Luke how does that explain why the media icon that I have chosen doesn't display.  Sorry if this is obvious, but I don't get it.  You go in the meta manager and select and icon shouldn't that icon show in the web client or any client for that matter?   Before the beta IE the release version it all worked as expected.  

Well that's what i mean about how the metadata manager needs to make this easier, and it will. But for now, use the mouse overlay flyout and click the pencil edit button. the metadata manager is showing the raw media folders, not the virtual views.

MrWebsmith

click your user icon/pic

my preferences>web client> set the section you want to: "my views (buttons)"

• Like 1

moviefan

@@Luke thanks for bringing the smaller colored buttons 'My views (buttons)' back!

How did you get these back?  I prefer these too but just upgraded to 3.0.5289.18702 and don't see them.  Is it a configuration setting?

moviefan

click your user icon/pic

my preferences>web client> set the section you want to: "my views (buttons)"

Thanks for the info.  I tried this and this is what I see...

53aed0e604305_Capture.png

Are you seeing the full buttons with the text that were shown in the previous version?

Danee

If you select 'Latest Media' for any other, I guess they will show. Otherwise, play a movie for more then 5 minutes and add 'Resume'

moviefan

If you select 'Latest Media' for any other, I guess they will show. Otherwise, play a movie for more then 5 minutes and add 'Resume'

When the next section is resume the icons get sightly larger, but still not readable like they used to be....

53b1a8d9c9963_Capture.png