Sony Bravia Not displaying some files when browsing DLNA server

bozstar

bozstar

Hi guys

New release has DLNA working on both my Sony Bravia TV's, great work!

I have one issue which I'm hoping is an easy one.  I can view and playback most of my movie files (the ones ive tested are mp4 and mkv), but when I browse say a TV show with nested folders for each season, some TV shows do not display any files available for playback

The folder I tried with error contains .avi files.  I'm thinking this is a TV DLNA profile issue which I need to configure in order to display some file types (note, I've not changed any of the Sony Bravia profiles, just using the default ones as part of the release of MBS).  Playback works fine using IOS client, media center client, web client etc so I know the files are there and accessible by the server

Any suggestions on how I can get these files to display for playback?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Taomyn

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I'm seeing this behaviour on all of my DLNA players: OpenELEC (XBMC), MediaHouse-Pro (Android), Samsung D8000 DLNA player. These can all see my movies, which are mainly all .mkv files, yet cannot see anything under TV which are also mainly .mkv fles. The main difference between movies and TV is that all my movies are in a single folder, whereas TV has subfolders per series (all episodes in the same folder).

• 9 months later...

Please try again on the latest beta. There's a number of fixes for Sony Bravia's. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.