MBC "New Player" blocks sleep

tekno23

tekno23

Hi,

ever since the new version of MBC which has its own playing interface rather than WMP's, I've noticed a couple of what are (to me) very bad problems.

First, if MBC is playing a video and it's put on 'Pause', the PC considers itself 'active' the whole time (and so does WMC/MBC, actually).  No screensavers ever cut in (none of MBC, WMP, or Windows), and nor does screen blank or the PC sleep.

I'm surprised nobody else has reported this, but I guess if everyone is running it on a HTPC setup, they don't see it.

Also - almost as annoyingly, if MBC is in a non-maximized window, *any* mouse movement (in window or out) brings up the new MBC display timeline and video info.  This should only happen if the MBC window is in focus.

-tek

Why are you pausing a video for a period of time you wish the computer to sleep?  Why not stop it?

• 2 weeks later...
Vidmo

Why are you pausing a video for a period of time you wish the computer to sleep?  Why not stop it?

This is a use case I'm seeing as well, the kids are at fault! They pause a movie but are not stopping it. Eventually the TV shuts off by itself (after 3 hours), but the HTPC is on forever at that point. I'll provide more "training" for those users to help mitigate this a bit, but it would still be nice if the HTPC would get to sleep as well.

This is a use case I'm seeing as well, the kids are at fault! They pause a movie but are not stopping it. Eventually the TV shuts off by itself (after 3 hours), but the HTPC is on forever at that point. I'll provide more "training" for those users to help mitigate this a bit, but it would still be nice if the HTPC would get to sleep as well.

The new beta version of MBC that went out today should allow the machine to sleep if you pause for an extended time.  It will also allow screen savers to activate (ours and others).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...